Precision Services Adds Grand-Format Printer, Digital Cutter and Garmet Press to Expand Capabilities
TUSTIN, CA—July 28, 2014—During its 35-year history, Precision Services Group has consistently been at the forefront of print and imaging technology, adding digital print and large-format capabilities to meet and exceed its clients' requirements. Now Precision Services Group is adding grand-format to its capabilities, with the addition of three new pieces of equipment.
The EFI VUTEk GS3250LX grand-format printer is an LED UV-curing printer, which will expand the company's services to print on multiple substrates, up to 10’ in width, and on both sides of the substrate. With its vacuum bed, it can print on cut-sheet material, as well as roll material. Enhancing its commitment to the environment, the VUTEk GS3250LX contains no VOCs, uses less consumables, produces less waste, uses less energy and has the ability to print on recycled substrates and materials.
Some of the features of the EFI VUTEk GS3250LX grand-format printer include:
- Prints in eight-color plus white UV printing for sharp image quality.
- White printing capability allows printing white in six variations (overprint, underprint, spot, underspot, fill and overspot).
- Print directly to substrate—eliminates mounting and lamination of flexible materials for rigid application.
- Handles flexible or rigid substrates up to 10’ in width, and up to 2” thick.
In addition to the grand-format EFI VUTEk GS3250LX, Precision Services Group has added a ZÜND G3 digital cutter, which is reportedly the only digital cutter of its kind on the West Coast. The ZÜND G3 digital cutter allows for precise cutting of the various substrates that can image on the EFI VUTEk GS3250LX, as well as the company's other large-format devices and digitally printed sheets. The cutter also supplements the company's in-house diecutting capabilities, offering more finishing solutions for its clients.
Some of the features of the ZÜND G3 digital cutter includes:
- A myriad of cutting, punching, and routing tools allow for complete flexibility in finishing.
- Capable of cutting, punching and routing of paper, vinyl, Styrene, Foamcore, as well as corrugated board.
- Registration is controlled by printed targets which allow the device to read and adjust cutting heads accordingly, even if the piece is not placed on the cutter in the exact same place from piece to piece.
- Vacuum table guarantees stability as pieces are cut.
In addition to these new capabilities, Precision Services Group now offers an option for direct-to-garment printing with its Kornit Storm II digital garment press that allows for quick setup, and variable data.
Some of the features of the Kornit Storm II digital garment press include:
- Adjustable inkhead height to accommodate zippers, buttons or other raised objects on the garment.
- Eight print heads, printing in five colors, including white
- Printing area up to 20x28”
- Can run up to 150 pieces an hour at maximum of 630 dpi resolution