PIA Adds New UCR and GCR for Color Separation Course to Its iLearning Center
PITTSBURGH - October 15, 2018 - Printing Industries of America launched a new UCR and GCR for Color Separation course to the iLearning Center. Presented by Joe Marin, Vice President of Education and Training, the course is available to Printing Industries of America printer members as a free benefit of membership.
Under color removal (UCR) and gray component replacement (GCR) are color reproduction considerations for converting images from RGB to CMYK for the printing press. Understanding the concepts of why they are needed, how they influence color in color separation, and the advantages and disadvantages of each are critical to successful color reproduction.
UCR and GCR for Color Separation aims to give the student a clear understanding of UCR and GCR techniques for color separation in print production.
Students will learn:
- Color gamut comparison and RGB versus CMYK color space
- How color is separated, gamut compression, and rendering intent
- Under color Removal (UCR) color separation techniques
- Gray component replacement (GCR) color separation techniques
- Comparing UCR and GCR, when, why, and how to use
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Printing Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of Printing Impressions.