Mimeo Expands into Europe with Acquisition of CLE Group
Why did Mimeo acquire the CLE Group?
Mimeo’s mission is to power the world’s print. The combination of the two companies broadens the types of capabilities offered in each market such as overnight production and delivery, e-commerce and variable data printing. This acquisition:
• Supports Mimeo international expansion plans by accelerating Mimeo’s ability to duplicate its’ business model in Europe
• Further diversifies the types of products and solutions offered by the company
• Enables Mimeo and CLE to cross-sell solutions to the combined customer base
• Provides Mimeo with a European production and distribution facility
• Strengthens the Mimeo team with experienced employees
How will customers benefit from the acquisition?
Customer’s utilize Mimeo services to deliver printed materials from anywhere to everywhere. CLE services are designed to improve the performance of printed materials. The combined company will be able to produce and deliver printed materials faster, at lower cost, with higher quality and with greater effectiveness than any competitor.
• CLE Group variable data capabilities will improve the performance of printed materials.
• The Mimeo overnight delivery capability will make it possible for customers on both continents to arrange for next morning delivery without the shipping costs, time delays and customs barriers associated with trans-Atlantic shipping.
Will CLE be integrated into Mimeo?
CLE will be integrated into Mimeo and has been renamed Mimeo Europe. Former CLE employees will continue to support customers with no interruption of services. The CLE team will support a new Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire print production and distribution facility.
Will current CLE offerings change with the acquisition?
Yes. We plan to expand CLE offerings to include Mimeo solutions such as overnight document delivery and e-commerce based document ordering and distribution (Mimeo Marketplace). CLE solutions will be offered to Mimeo customers as well.