NPES Ultimate Goal: Print Industry Growth
NPES - The Association for Suppliers of Printing, Publishing and Converting Technologies (Booth 3255) has embarked in a bold new direction with its 2017-2020 Strategic Business Plan—for The Industry. Centered around two priority focus areas, the over-arching goals of the three-year roadmap are to:
- Convene, lead, and drive the global printing & imaging value chain toward operational excellence, and
- Position and engage the global printing & imaging industry for growth throughout the value chain.
NPES’s new direction is driven by data gathered from the Association’s outreach to more than 13,000 industry stakeholders—OEMs, printers, and others—who shared their “what keeps me up at night” issues, industry leader telephone interviews, and professionally facilitated strategic planning sessions with NPES Board members and staff.
“This is a defining moment not just for NPES, but for the entire industry,” states NPES President Thayer Long. “Through the data obtained in the planning process, NPES learned that to effectively engage, advance, and grow our industry, the value chain must be aligned and working together in lockstep. NPES’s strategic vision, developed by and for our industry, offers a guiding blueprint for all industry stakeholders to achieve success through alignment, which is critical for sustained industry growth,” he continued.
To advance the plan, Advisory Groups comprised of industry stakeholders from across the value chain are currently developing initiatives within the six key “pillars” of the plan, titled:
- Research: to provide actionable data for immediate implementation for the Industry’s value chain
- Facilitate: as “master collaborator,” convene the value chain in interactive industry events to conduct Education, Business Networking, and Commerce
- Advocate: engage the value chain to leverage advocacy and drive favorable business outcomes for The Industry
- Brand: the Association as the heart of “The Industry” for all members of the value chain
- Expand: new opportunities for Industry Research, Global Trade, Business Development and position and promote the Industry into markets of opportunity through global channel development, and
- Train: by serving as the Industry’s education distribution channel and workforce development agent.
Recent developments inspired by the new NPES Strategic Plan for the Industry include: