NPES Announces Launch of PrintStats
NPES - the Association for Suppliers of Printing, Publishing and Converting Technologies (Booth 3255), launched PrintStats—a fast, easy, and customizable resource for determining current industry status, and pinpointing future opportunities at a national, state, and local level. This new NPES Member-exclusive contains critical business demographic data for the U.S. Print Industry, forecasts, and exclusive commentary by industry experts Dr. Joe Webb and Richard Romano.
Jointly developed for NPES by the experts at ExpliStats and Strategies for Management, PrintStats combines baseline data from the U.S. Commerce Department with industry-specific forecasting models to provide a compelling view of both the current state of print related industries, and a forecasted glimpse into their future. Data and commentary are available in a variety of formats and industry break-outs that allow members maximum flexibility in determining how best to incorporate it into their internal processes. Strategic components of this new resource include:
- Industry revenues, capital expenditures, and employment statistics by state and region, using the latest government data available.
- Establishment and employment data breakouts of the five largest population areas (New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Washington D.C.), as well as the top 15 states, and top 25 metropolitan statistical areas per number of establishments.
- National and regional demographic estimates for 2016 and 2017, including industry revenue, capital expenditures, and employment.
- 2022 forecasts for revenues at a national and regional level, in addition to capital expenditures and employment on a national level.
- Individual custom reports across 38 “North American Industry Classification System” (NAICS) codes, curated using Dr. Joe Webb’s industry expertise, as being most representative of the U.S. printing industry.
- Excel format workbooks and PDF commentary files to share across company departments and functions.
- A member exclusive webinar, scheduled for September 26th, hosted by NPES, and presented by Dr. Joe Webb, with archived retrieval for members unable to participate in real-time.
- One-year phone and email support by Dr. Joe Webb to members for clarification and general direction.
- A 2018 edition, following a similar format, with updated industry data and forecasts to 2023, will be released next summer.
Looking for quick, top-level, data on the total print industry? Members can access this via PDF commentary files, with top-level bullet points or java-based charts, that open in a browser even when you’re away from your connection to the internet.
Need to do a deep dive into which geographies are driving printing ink manufacturing revenue? An excel report for NAICS 32591 (Printing Ink Manufacturing) provides detailed breakouts, by top States and Metro Areas, including revenue forecasts for 2022. This flexibility provides an opportunity for members to engage the data in new and unique ways that best benefit their own business needs.
With the launch of PrintStats, NPES aims to provide members with data that is both informative and actionable, through the integration of expert commentary and multiple engagement points.
For more information, contact Jason Goodwin, Manager, Market Data Programs at phone: 703-264-7200, or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.