Neenah Paper Expands Its Design Collection with Four Lines, Unveils Companion Swatchbook
NEENAH, Wisc.—July 2, 2015—Neenah announced that its selection of colored, pearlized and textured papers, The Design Collection, has been expanded to include four new premium paper grades from Italian papermaker Gruppo Cordenons. Neenah also announced the expansion of the STARDREAM and WILD Papers lines. Additions are featured in a new companion swatchbook to the original Design Collection swatchbook, available now.
With the expansion, The Design Collection now offers more unique options for designers to set their work apart. These papers are specified for premium packaging, look books, high-end brochures, gift card holders, greeting cards, identity materials, and other print collateral for brands that desire to distinguish themselves by both hand and eye.
New Paper Lines
- NATURAL EVOLUTION Papers, with a special surface coating on both sides, provide a soft natural texture with an elegant touch and outstanding print performance. Colors: White, Frost and Ivory.
- MONNALISA Papers, the smooth sister to NATURAL EVOLUTION Papers, offers a smooth bright white surface for hang tags, business cards, books, brochures. Colors: Premium White.
- SLIDE Papers are considered the “packaging version” of the popular PLIKE Papers, optimized for more resilience. Colors: Black and White.
- ASTROPRINT Papers include three unique, embossed textures with a 64 text weight ideal for box wrap. Colors: White
Expanded Paper Lines
Neenah has also expanded these popular lines:
- STARDREAM Papers, added C1S text weights for box wrap in the most popular colors.
- WILD Papers now includes four new colors in popular 111 lb. Cover: Sand, Clay, Brown and Black.
The Design Collection 1.1
With these additions, The Design Collection now offers 15 paper brands, blending six iconic paper lines from North America and nine on-trend Italian brands.
“The Design Collection 1.1 includes more on trend colors and high-touch surfaces for print and packaging with SLIDE, ASTROPRINT and STARDREAM Papers, as well as new colors for letterpress in WILD Papers,” said Ellen Bliske, senior brand manager at Neenah. Neenah also continues to grow its commercial print offering with best-of-both-worlds print performance in NATURAL EVOLUTION and MONNALISA Papers.
“The demand for The Design Collection has surpassed our every expectation,” added Bliske. “We can’t wait to see what designers will do with all the new items.”
For more than 100 years, Neenah Paper (NYSE: NP) has been an innovative leader in the creation and manufacturing of papers for premium writing, text, cover, digital, packaging and specialty needs. The Neenah signature portfolio includes market leading brands such as CLASSIC, ENVIRONMENT, and ROYAL SUNDANCE Papers. The company also offers envelopes in thousands of unique colors, finishes and styles. Neenah is committed to developing relevant mobile and online technologies including Neenah Cabinet for iPad, iPhone and Android. With multiple manufacturing facilities in Wisconsin, prime importance is also placed on recycled and alternative fiber products through the Neenah Green initiative.
About Gruppo Cordenons
Gruppo Cordenons is a leading Italian manufacturer of graphic and digital fine papers and technical papers. Its large portfolio—that includes metallic and iridescent papers, textured papers, inspired from natural fabrics, felt-marked and papers with a special touch—is available throughout the world.