Mitsubishi Lithographic Presses to Premiere Diamond V3000LX Sheetfed Press
LINCOLNSHIRE, IL--09/17/08--At Graph Expo 2008, Mitsubishi Lithographic Presses (Booth #629) will introduce the Diamond V3000LX, a new model in the Diamond V3000 series. This new generation of sheetfed presses epitomizes productivity and operability. Diamond V3000 presses combine high styling, high performance and more than 80 enhancements to significantly reduce non-operating time. Wide stock range
The Diamond V3000LX is engineered for exceptional performance on different stock types across a wide thickness range, from 0.0016 to 0.040 inches. The press easily accommodates paper, plastic and board up to 29 1/2 x 41 11/32 inches. Mitsubishi will demonstrate a six-color Diamond V3000LX with aqueous coater at the show.
New and improved
Key features include scratch-proof, smudge-proof transfer and delivery skeleton cylinders, air showers above impression cylinders, a gripper height adjustment device and an individual air chamber at each printing unit. New innovations in air management prevent scratches and smudging when printing on thick sheets. Redesigning the air hose arrangement and reducing the number of air blowers has improved air control efficiency.
At the same time, the Diamond V3000LX retains the seven o'clock cylinder arrangement with double-diameter impression and transfer cylinders, multimode dampening system and other proven features that have earned Mitsubishi presses a reputation for quality and reliability.
Even on presses offering the highest printing speed, productivity drops every time the press stops for maintenance or quality issues. Keeping the press running as much as possible is the key to raising productivity -- and profitability. In developing Diamond V3000 series presses, Mitsubishi targeted maintenance, cleaning, makeready and lost time due to printing errors as critical areas ripe for improvement.
- Press-wide improvements minimize printing problems stemming from excessive powder, oil stains, scratches, sheet misalignment, doubling, ghosting and water marking.
- A lubrication-free gripper shaft torsion bar and oil-less bearings on gripper shafts of impression and transfer cylinders shorten lubrication time by 75 hours per year.
- New "Maintenance Mode" and "Cleaning Mode" functions result in faster adjustments and quicker press cleanup.
- A bender-less plate clamping system saves up to 100 hours per year otherwise spent bending plates.
- Upgraded preset and repeat functions accelerate makereadies.
- Mitsubishi has pioneered the adoption of superplastic zinc alloy (SPZ) in press manufacturing. Characterized by high design flexibility and structural durability, SPZ is pressure-formed to create the easily cleaned contours and curves of printing unit covers. It also shields against electromagnetic waves.
- The feeder, printing units and delivery are equipped with LED beams so operators can instantly recognize changes in press operation status by the color and/or blinking interval of the beams.
Impact of plate changing
With SimulChanger, printing plates at all colors can be precision-mounted in just over one minute. Live jobs at Graph Expo will highlight the speed of SimulChanger.