Midland Paper Strikes the Right Holiday Chord with Digital Edge Board Offering for HP Indigo Presses
WHEELING, IL—December 3, 2014—Midland Paper, Packaging + Supplies, the third largest distributor of media for business communications in the United States, is pleased to announce that the launch of its Digital Edge Coated 1 Side (C1S) and Coated 2 Side (C2S) Board program for HP Indigo Technology has been a resounding success in 2014.
Digital Edge C1S/C2S Board for HP Indigo provides the market with a much needed solution for digital printers for applications ranging from direct mail and holiday cards to packaging and point of purchase (P-O-P) displays.
Key Factors contributing to the success of the program thus far:
- Broad Range of Sheet Sizes Available—18x12", 19x13" and 20.8125x29.5" (HP Indigo 10000) sheet sizes
- Digital Edge C1S Board products are optimized on both the "Front" and "Back" side of the sheet providing sharp imaging for duplex (two-side) applications (e.g., holiday cards)
- Broad Range of Calipers Available: available in 10, 12, 14, 16 and 18-pt. for C1S; and available in 10, 12, 15 and 18-pt. for C2S
- Midland’s commitment to stock Digital Edge C1S/C2S on its Floor
- Solid lamination results (a recurring problem with other board stocks in the market)
"The most satisfying feedback we have received from our customers thus far is the superior ink adhesion of this product," said Mike Ratcliff, Midland’s vice president and general manager, Specialty Paper and Film Division. "The customers that have run this product are enamored with it and rave about its performance on press."
In addition to Digital Edge, Midland’s C1S/C2S offering also includes NewPage’s Productolith Pts. and MeadWestvaco’s Tango, both optimized for HP Indigo Technology and offered in 18x12", 19x13" and 20.8x29.5" sheet sizes.
With over $900 million in annual sales, Midland Paper, Packaging + Supplies’ access to the world’s highest quality paper mills and digital substrate manufacturers, combined with its commitments to provide excellent customer service and industry expertise, positions the company to be the future of specialty and digital media supply.