MGI to Premiere Two New Digital Presses at GRAPH EXPO 2011
MELBOURNE, FL—August 22, 2011—MGI Digital Graphic Technology, the manufacturer of multi-substrate digital printing and finishing solutions, announced that two new products will make their North American debut at GRAPH EXPO 2011 (booth 3619): the Meteor DP8700 XL four-color multi-substrate digital press and the JETcard inkjet card factory.
Meteor DP8700 XL
First introduced in June, the Meteor DP8700 XL is the newest member of the Meteor family of four-color multi-substrate digital presses, with worldwide installations at customers within key markets such as commercial printing, in-plants, plastic card manufacturers, book printers, photo printers, and many others.
While it incorporates the key features that make the Meteor series the most versatile in the industry, including true multi-substrate capabilities for paper, plastics and envelopes, laser-safe prints, offset comparable output and no click charge, the Meteor DP8700 XL also includes new features designed to maximize production and ease of operation, including:
• Largest sheet size among production sheetfed digital presses (up to 13x40” in production, up to 13x47” via manual bypass).
• Increased production speed for up to 4,260 A4/letter pages per hour and up to 2,280 A3 pages per hour.
• Superior output quality at 3600 dpi (8 bit printing) and more than 20 line screen variations ranging from 95 to 270 lpi, plus stochastic. Users also have the option to choose up to 2 different line screens within the same print job.
• New auto-adjusting offset feeder table, which eliminates skew and keeps registration consistent at an industry-leading ±0.2mm (L-R).
• The new EnvelopExpress Pro, featuring an updated design for the Meteor DP8700 XL, increases production capabilities and improves job efficiency.
• Powerful Fiery RIP for maximum processing power and graphics management. Support for VPS & PPML 2.2, plus Adobe PostScript Level 3, TIFF and PDF, JDF compliance, as well as APPE (Adobe PDF Print Engine).
Utilizing MGI’s award-winning and revolutionary inkjet technology, the JETcard provides card manufacturers with an all-inclusive production solution from printing through encoding. In the JETcard, MGI presents a turnkey digital solution that is not only less expensive than offset, even on runs in excess of 500,000 cards, but is also faster than offset, resulting in a drastic cost-per-card savings.
With production speeds up to 8,000 cards per hour (simplex), the JETcard can perform the following functions in just one pass:
• Pre-print coating
• 720 x 2160 DPI inkjet printing in 4+2 UV colors (additional options include white ink, custom colors and raised print effects)
• Spot or flood UV coating for card protection
• Security inks revealed only under a black light
• Signature panel printing
• Choice of flat or textured background
• Read & write on HiCo/LoCo magnetic stripes
• Automated quality controls
MGI’s JETcard is a true Card Factory and can replace up to 5 different pieces of equipment traditionally used in the plastic card production chain: litho press, a collator, a lamination press, a die cutter and an encoder/personalization printer. The JETcard utilizes eco-friendly technology, saving resources, eliminating waste (no plates or screens) and harmful emissions (ozone and solvent-free) while reducing the overall electrical consumption compared to traditional methods and can print on environmentally friendly paper cards, a sustainable alternative to PVC and made of 100% recyclable and natural materials.
In addition to the Meteor DP8700 XL and JETcard, MGI will showcase their other versatile digital solutions at GRAPH EXPO in booth 3619, including multi-function paper finishing (DF360), flood UV coating (UVarnish) and finishing for plastic card manufacturing (PressCard Pro®, PunchCard Pro).
For more information, please visit www.mgiusa.com
About MGI Digital Graphic Technology
Founded in 1982, MGI Digital Graphic Technology designs, manufactures and markets a full and innovative range of award-winning multi-substrate (paper and plastic) 4-color digital presses, as well as a complete line of versatile finishing solutions.
A key player in the global market, MGI has a portfolio comprised of several thousand customers in a wide range of sectors, including graphic industry professionals, Fortune 1000 companies, government agencies, plastic card manufacturers, silk screeners and photo labs.
MGI is a leader in the professional graphic equipment market and is registered on the Euronext Paris Alternext stock exchange (ALMDG). They received the prestigious OSEO “Innovative Company” & "OSEO Excellence" labels respectively in 2009 & 2011 in recognition of their expertise and innovation in the graphics & finishing industry. In addition, MGI has won nine international product awards from 2008-2010 related to technological innovation, including the 2010 Siemens Innovation Grand Prix award for the JETcard.
MGI USA, based in Melbourne, FL, is MGI’s fully owned subsidiary that services the North and South American, Caribbean and Asia Pacific markets.