MGI Introduces New Entry-Level Meteor DP8700 S Digital Press
MELBOURNE, FL—May 31, 2012—MGI Digital Graphic Technology, the French manufacturer of digital printing and finishing solutions, announced the premiere of the new entry-level Meteor DP8700 S digital press for paper, synthetics and envelopes.
The Meteor DP8700 S joins the Meteor DP8700 XL in MGI’s flagship series of dry toner digital presses, offering entry-level users the power of digital production for short runs and variable data/personalization, at an affordable price point and with no click charge.
Ideally suited for a host of applications, including envelope printing, the Meteor DP8700 S includes the following features:
- Print speeds up to 4,260 A4/letter sheets per hour
- Envelope print speeds up to 3,300 per hour (full color)
- Superior output quality at 3600 DPI (8 bit printing) and more than 25 line screen variations ranging from 95 to 270 LPI, including stochastic. Users also have the option to choose up to two different line screens within the same print job.
- Substrates including a full range of papers from 70 to 300 gsm, specific synthetics (such as Teslin), and envelopes (such as #10, 6x9˝, 9x12˝, with or without windows)
- Accommodates sheet sizes from 100x148 mm / 3.94x5.83˝ up to 330x487 mm / 13x19˝
- Total input capacity of 8,300 sheets (three 500 sheet capacity trays, plus two high capacity trays each with 3,400 sheet capacity)
- Small footprint and user-friendly operation
- Laser-safe prints (dry toner and no fuser oil results in no ghosting or smudging when re-run through a desktop laser printer), ideal for letterhead and envelope production
- Powered by Fiery digital print server for maximum productivity and processing speed, ideally suited for high-end production print environments demanding workflow automation and efficiency, variable data printing and industry-leading color management tools.
While it officially premiered at drupa 2012, the Meteor DP8700 S already has installations in North America, with customers running hundreds of thousands of impressions within the first few weeks.