Memjet Announces New Partnerships and Showcases OEM Solutions
DÜSSELDORF, GERMANY—May 3, 2012—Memjet, the global leader in color printing technologies that provide remarkable speeds and affordability, is showcasing its ground-breaking innovation at drupa 2012 through key partnerships and partners' new products. Memjet is featuring certified partners' demos of the latest printing solutions, including Memjet-powered industrial, commercial and office products at its stand in Hall 5, E28. Memjet and its partners will also be celebrating these announcements at the Memjet press cocktails on May 4 from 4:30 p.m.- 6:00 p.m. on the observation deck of the Memjet stand, which will offer visitors an amazing glimpse into the future of super fast, affordable color printing.
"Memjet's focus has been on growing and liberating customers across the printing spectrum through the continuous evolution of technologies that power printers far beyond what traditional markets have come to know and expect," says Len Lauer, Memjet president and CEO. "This is our first time at drupa and we are honored to be announcing new partnerships and seeing the latest Memjet-powered solutions from many of the most innovative OEMs in the printing industry, including Oce, Toshiba TEC, Delphax, Xante, Colordyne, Astro Machine Corporation, and Lomond. We are pleased to be showcasing partner printing solutions for multiple markets and applications."
Key Memjet highlights at drupa include:
- Oce, a Canon Group company and an international leading provider of document management and printing for professionals, formally announced a technical partnership with Memjet that has developed a large format color concept, set the change the landscape of digital large format color printing. Project Velocity offers game-changing technology that prints up to 15 times faster than conventional inkjet systems, with the capability of printing up to 500 A0 prints at 1,600x800 dpi per hour. Project Velocity is on display and being demonstrated hourly in the Canon Europe Ltd. stand, Hall 8A, C06-1.
- Toshiba TEC Corporation announced a partnership with Memjet for the development of multi-function office products (MFP) featuring Memjet's revolutionary page-wide printhead, controller chip, software and ink. The MFP will feature a scanner, photocopier and color printer that produces high-quality color pages at 60 pages per second. Additionally, Toshiba TEC announced that it is currently evaluating Memjet technologies for labels and logistics printing in industrial and commercial markets.
- Delphax Technologies Inc., a global provider of high-speed digital printing equipment, recently announced that it is introducing its new elan 500 digital color print system at drupa. Powered by Memjet technologies, the system combines major advances in inkjet and paper-handling technologies to offer full color and 1,600 dpi print quality at speeds of up to 500 impressions per minute. The system will be showcased at the Delphax stand, Hall 8b, C10. A Delphax elan 500 news conference is also scheduled for May 4 at 1:30 p.m. in Room 01 Congress Center Dusseldorf (CCD-South).
- Xante's Excelagraphix 4200 Inkjet Print System will be on display both at Memjet's stand as well at the Xante stand located in Hall 5, D36. The Excelagraphix 4200 features revolutionary Memjet Waterfall Printhead Technology that delivers more than three billion drops of ink per second, for print speeds up to 8 times faster than traditional inkjet technology. Its now possible to print over-sized architectural/engineering documents, maps, indoor signage, P-O-P displays, packaging, folding cartons, corrugated boxes, newspapers, and more, all on-demand. Xante will be shipping the first engines in June of this year.
- Colordyne Technologies will be showcasing the Colordyne CDT-1600 PC Sprint, the first affordable, high speed Production Class printing system of its kind running both pre-die cut labels and non-die cut master rolls for post-print finishing. The 1600 PC Sprint features five revolutionary Memjet printheads; each containing 70,400 nozzles that are integrated into five interchangeable ink delivery blades. The system can be integrated with the Colordyne 1600 PC Pro inline finishing system to offer a complete solution that features the unique combination of quality, high speed, productivity and unmatched low cost of ownership. The CDT-1600 PC Sprint will be on display at Memjet's stand.
- Astro Machine Corp. has partnered with Memjet to produce the AstroJet M-Series Printers, which provide the ideal solution for high quality on-demand printing requiring quick, cost-effective turnarounds. The AstroJet M1 prints up to 3,600 letter size pages or 9,000 envelopes per hour, while the new AstroJet M2, being shown for the first time anywhere, is a professional-grade standalone color-page printer to be released this year that features a large, high capacity 5,000 sheet feeder. Both models will be on display at Memjet's stand.
- After announcing the Memjet-powered Lomond EvoJet Office in April 2011, London-based Lomond and Memjet are teaming up again to present two new office products, the EvoJet Office 2 and the EvoJet Office Pro. The EvoJet Office 2 boasts a whole new design and key improvements, including a larger manual feed tray, while the EvoJet Office Pro is a long-awaited 3-in-1 Memjet-powered multi-functional printer, with a 20 ppm automatic document feeder and a 1,200 dpi scanner. Both models are being presented at Memjet's stand.
Memjet technologies make possible an amazingly fast and efficient digital color print systems that combine controller chip, ink and revolutionary printheads. Memjet technologies, protected by more 4,000 global patents, are specialized in MEMS (MicroElectroMechanical Systems) technology and have taken more than a decade to develop and patent. Each Memjet A4 printhead consists of 70,400 inkjet nozzles on an 8.77" fixed width for the delivery of 1,600x800 dpi color at 60 pages per minute, or 12 inches per second. Memjet technology paves the way for a scalable inkjet printing business model creating lower capital, operating and consumables costs. On average, a Memjet-powered printer is twice the speed and half the cost versus legacy printing solutions.
Memjet is the global leader in color printing technologies that provide remarkable speeds and affordability. The company supplies technologies and components to OEM partners across the printing industry. Memjet maintains its corporate office in San Diego, and has offices in Dublin, Sydney, Taipei, Singapore and Boise, Idaho. The company is privately held. For more information, please visit www.memjet.com, 'Like' us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @memjet.