MBO America to Debut BSR 550 Basic Rotary Diecutter at Labelexpo Americas
MARLTON, N.J. — August 16, 2016 — When MBO America debuts the BSR 550 Basic rotary diecutting system at Labelexpo Americas next month, the majority of label, package and commercial print providers will have the opportunity to buy the diecutter that's been missing from the market: a solid, high-performance machine offering premium benefits — such as the fastest makeready in the category — for both digital and offset and at a price the majority can afford.
Fastest Makereadies for Shorter and Shorter Runs
The BSR 550 Basic is an all-in-one rotary diecutting system designed for the mainstream 20×29" cut-sheet market. A key innovation in the system's design eliminates manual production steps, resulting in five minute makereadies. This industry-exclusive benefit substantially improves productivity and turn-around times, especially as the industry demands shorter runs.
MBO America will show the BSR 550 Basic — built by the same engineers who designed the high-end BSR 550 Servo rotary diecutter — in its Labelexpo exhibit located in hall F, stand #6165; directly adjacent to the digital finishing pavilion.
The BSR 550 Basic's advanced engineering and versatility allows printers to produce:
- presentation folders,
- business cards,
- greeting cards,
- folding carton blanks,
- tags and labels, and
- many other products in a one-up or multi-up production setting — thanks to an improved infeed, easy change magnetic die cylinders and tool-less components at the waste stripper, five minute makeready times are achievable.
"The BSR 550 Basic name has starpower in the market because it not only offers premium quality features, it does it all at a price point that allows entry into the efficient rotary diecutting market," says Lance Martin, director of sales, MBO America.
"Current production trends require short runs, fast makeready and even variable data," Martin adds. "The BSR 550 Basic meets these needs head on at an entry level price."
The Cleanest, Fastest Makeready
The BSR platform's exclusive, integrated waste removal strips out the matrix and internal scrap inline with no touches — eliminating messy and time-consuming manual steps. Instead of traditional methods required in other systems, such as separating the waste matrix from the product with a hammer and chisel and then grinding the resulting rough edges, the system uses dies that cut clean through the sheet, producing a perfect edge without nicks and allowing waste to fall away instantly as the desired product advances downstream.
The BSR 550 Basic offers:
- Integrated pile feeder, waste removal and shingled stream delivery
- New infeed system — Four Tornado Vacuum Wheels for additional control at the infeed
- Flexible Die Technology with quick change magnetic die cylinders
- Patented Bograma sheet registration at die cylinder resulting in unmatched cut accuracy
- 8,000 cycles/hr. (approximately 110 m/min)
- Sheet ejection prior to die if alignment is impossible
- Minimum workable format size: 11-7/8˝x 8 1/4˝ (297x 210 mm)
- Maximum workable format size: 21-1/2 x 29 1/2˝ (550x750 mm)
- Minimum workable thickness: 80 gsm
- Maximum workable thickness: 0.5 mm
- Touch screen display
- Weight: 2800KG
- Dimension: 207˝ (5234mm) L x 53˝ (1335mm) W
The BSR 550 Basic is perfectly suited to commercial offset and/or digital commercial printers, packaging, folding carton and a seemingly infinite number of specialty markets, including:
- Presentation Folders
- Business Cards
- Tag and Label
- Garment Label
- Paper Products (Booklets)
- Direct Mail
About MBO America
MBO America celebrates 30 years and over 10,000 U.S. installations as the most comprehensive postpress finishing solution provider in the western hemisphere. MBO America develops a broad array of cutting edge, high-performance finishing solutions for conventional, digital and hybrid print operations and fulfills specialized needs upon request.
MBO and MBO America are internationally renowned for superior customer and technical support, as well as top-notch consultation services. In 2016, MBO America is adding a variety of customer engagement opportunities that will build on existing, successful activities such as its popular, quarterly training seminars.
Source: MBO America.