Kodak to Unveil 10 New Digital Printing, Workflow Solutions at drupa 2012
• New gold, pearlescent and neon pink printing effects now available using Fifth Imaging Unit Solutions on the Kodak Nexpress press, and new enhancements to the Nexpress SX platform, including in-line UV coating and long-sheet delivery trays. These developments enable service providers to expand applications and increase profit potential with digital printing.
• New Kodak Flexcel Direct System, which introduces innovative, energy-efficient, high-power direct laser engraving for flexographic sleeve production. With imager and consumables designed to work as an optimized solution, the advancement enables more affordable production of high-quality, in-the-round sleeves for package printing and drives an increase in print quality, greater consistency, and faster press setup times.
• New Kodak Achieve all-in-one CTP System, which makes it easy for printers in emerging markets to affordably transition to CTP with Kodak’s state-of-the-art thermal imaging and plate technologies. Printers and publishers in target regions are now able to increase efficiency and reap the benefits of a CTP system with exceptional performance and great value.
• New suite of workflow production tools, including Kodak Prinergy 6 software, Kodak INSITE Prepress Portal Software and App for iPad Devices, and new versions of Kodak Colorflow Software and Kodak PREPS Imposition Software. These tools help increase profitability by automating manual production processes in customers’ digital and hybrid printing environments.
• New Kodak Sonora XP process-free plates provide mainstream quality and print capability without a processor or chemistry, offering streamlined platemaking, removal of operational costs, and a reduced environmental footprint.
• New Kodak Intelligent Prepress Manager 2.0, the next generation of connected proactive services that enable printers to harness more productivity and achieve peak quality and efficiency from their prepress systems. The new mobile app gives customers the flexibility and convenience to manage their prepress systems anytime, anywhere from their smartphone or other mobile device.
The Kodak stand at drupa will include application stations for commercial print, publishing and packaging, where attendees can learn more about how they can grow their businesses with KODAK Solutions. The popular K-Zone Theater will feature live presentations by strategic partners, industry experts, product representatives and customers throughout each day of the show.
In addition, the Kodak stand will highlight collaborative efforts with more than 30 key partners, bringing together market-leading technology and expertise to create optimum, targeted solutions across all markets.
“The drupa show is a marquee event for Kodak and for the industry. The technology unveiled at the show will set the direction of the markets we serve-commercial print, publishing and packaging-for years to come,” added Payne.
For more information about Kodak at drupa, visit www.kodak.com/go/drupa .
As the world’s foremost imaging innovator, Kodak helps consumers, businesses, and creative professionals unleash the power of images, information, and printing to enrich their lives.
In the graphic communications industry, Kodak serves customers in the printing, publishing, packaging and enterprise markets with intelligent solutions for competitive advantage and greater return on investment.