HP to Exhibit Digital Printing Solutions, Debut PrintOS Cloud-Based System at drupa
DÜSSELDORF, Germany — February 29, 2016 — HP announced that it will exhibit the industry’s broadest portfolio of digital printing solutions at drupa 2016, including new advancements that demonstrate how HP digital print technology enables print service providers (PSPs) to reinvent their possibilities.
The company also unveiled HP PrintOS, a cloud-based operating system that reinvents how customers manage print production. The revolutionary new platform will make its worldwide debut at drupa.
For the first time in drupa history, the HP Graphics Solutions Business is hosting the tradeshow’s largest exhibit in hall 17 and the world’s biggest digital printing showcase for the eleven day event. In keeping with the evolving landscape of drupa, HP will display its latest technology for the general commercial printing segment, in addition to new hardware and solutions for labels and packaging, large-format and sign and display application areas.
“HP is bringing the full power of our vast portfolio of digital printing solutions to drupa 2016, featuring breakthrough innovations,” says Rob Le Bras-Brown, global head of print marketing, HP Inc. “With today’s introduction of HP PrintOS and more ground-breaking pre-drupa announcements to come, HP is following through on our promise to ‘keep reinventing’ with advancements across application segments that truly enable our customers to reinvent their possibilities.”
Simplifying and automating print production management
An open, secure and integrated platform for print production management, PrintOS is a cloud-based operating system ideal for PSPs of all segments and sizes for use with HP Indigo, PageWide Web Press, Scitex and Latex digital printing technology.
Featuring a suite of intuitive Web-based and mobile applications, PrintOS helps simplify and automate print production, enabling customers to start printing jobs, faster. Additionally, cloud connectivity allows customers to monitor print status remotely as well as track and improve production performance over time.
“We run a multi-shift, multi-press operation at ProCo, yet we have not previously had a window into the production performance of our digital operation,” says Graeme Parry, production director, ProCo. “PrintOS offers anytime, anywhere access, enabling more visibility than ever into our business. Not only are we using PrintOS to drive better print performance, but it’s also helping raise the bar of our staff, empowering operators with the right tools to better oversee production. It’s fantastic.”
Among others, PrintOS applications include:
- Box, a tool simplifying job onboarding through nonautomated channels like email and file transfer services. Often, a disproportionate amount of time and effort are invested in handling jobs prior to production. By standardizing processes, Box reduces upfront overhead, increasing capacity and improving profitability.
- Site Flow, which combines automated order submission, pre-press and shop floor management capabilities to address the needs of PSPs serving the B2B and B2B-to-consumer markets. The application allows PSPs to offer attractive costs and higher levels of service to fulfill hundreds, thousands or tens of thousands of individual, personalized print orders every day, including direct shipment to end customers.
HP Indigo and PageWide Web Press customers can begin using PrintOS on May 31, 2016. Many apps will be available without charge to existing customers with a service contract, while certain apps will be subject to monthly subscription and usage charges.(1)(2)
HP Financial Services, IT investment solutions and financing provider for HP Inc., can help customers gain easier and faster access to innovative digital printing technology. Customers have the flexibility to choose how they acquire and pay for an HP PrintOS solution, with IT investment options that can be customized across HP Inc.’s product portfolio, based on business needs.(3)
Visit the HP drupa 2016 online press kit for more information and to follow HP’s drupa news.
(1) Availability will be country dependent and subject to change.
(2) PrintOS is expected to be available for HP Latex and Scitex users in 2017.
(3) Financing available through Hewlett-Packard Financial Services Company and its subsidiaries (HPFSC) and its or their affiliates in certain countries and is subject to credit approval and execution of standard HPFSC documentation. Rates are based on customer’s credit rating, financing terms, offering types, equipment type and options. Not all customers may qualify. Not all services are available in all countries. Other restrictions may apply. HPFSC reserves the right to change or cancel this program at any time without notice.
About HP Inc.
HP Inc. creates technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere. Through its portfolio of printers, PCs, mobile devices, solutions and services, it engineers experiences that amaze.