GRAPH EXPO Identifies Top Factors for Printer Success
The other top technologies for 2008/2009 included:
2. Information technology as a core competence - A close runner-up to MIS, information technology (IT) competence translates to both the software as well as the people skills required for its implementation, operation and maintenance. This core IT capability is necessary because the production process-not to mention auxiliary services, such as mailing and fulfillment and database management-is now so computer-centric.
3. Color management throughout the production process
4. Workflow, analog and digital applications
5. Digital production printing - This includes both color and black-and-white digital production presses, with an emphasis on toner now and a future trending toward inkjet.
Four additional technologies made the list as second-tier survival technologies, dubbed the WORTH-A-LOOKS®. These were advances in offset lithography technology, including automation of individual functions; the ability to use technology as a differentiator; computer-assisted materials management, including purchasing, materials testing, inventory control and waste/spoilage control (i.e., materials and labor); and integrated cross-media workflow or cross-media production capability.
Finally, the MUST SEE 'EMS Selection Committee identified certain pavilions on the GRAPH EXPO show floor as offering a unique opportunity to see equipment and software in action while hearing educational presentations. These are:
* JDF Works Print Shop Live! * Mailing & Fulfillment Center * Wide Format Pavilion * Future Print -New Frontiers in RFID and Printed Electronics.
Specific MUST SEE 'EMS products will be announced at EXECUTIVE OUTLOOK. A product recognition guide listing all MUST SEE 'EMS award recipients, the second-tier WORTH-A-LOOKS and notable show floor areas will be distributed throughout the GRAPH EXPO show floor.
The EXECUTIVE OUTLOOK Conference is sponsored by Heidelberg and Xerox, and EFI will sponsor the post conference networking reception.
Complete information about EXECUTIVE OUTLOOK and registration for both EXECUTIVE OUTLOOK and GRAPH EXPO are available online at: www.graphexpo.com.