Two Sides Releases Infographic Just in Time for Earth Day
CHICAGO — April 19, 2017 — Two Sides North America will celebrate Earth Day (April 22, 2017) with the release of an engaging new infographic on why Going Paperless May Not be Greener.
The new infographic is designed to expose corporate greenwashing due to misleading environmental claims like “go green – go paperless” and bust key myths about the switch from paper to digital. For example, the infographic spotlights key facts, including:
- U.S. forests grew by 5,800 NFL football fields per day between 2007 and 2012 due to sustainable forestry practices.
- 91% of U.S. consumers surveyed, agreed that print and paper can be a sustainable way to communicate when responsibly produced, used and recycled.
- Paper is one of the most recycled products in North America with recovery rates of 66% and higher.
- Electronic communications have a significant and growing environmental footprint that cannot be ignored by corporations.
- The majority of consumers believe that “go green – go paperless” claims are designed to save costs.
“The objective of this new infographic is to make people realize that most environmental claims related to going paperless are based on marketing and cost reduction tactics rather than verifiable and specific scientific facts — a requirement of the Green Guides published by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission,” says Phil Riebel, President of Two Sides North America. “As a result, over 170 leading corporations across the globe, including many of the Fortune 100, have now removed such claims due to our anti-greenwash campaign which has now been running since early 2012.”
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Printing Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of the staff of Printing Impressions.