Fully-automated Press Delivery from Muller Martini Bringing Optimal Efficiency to the new Valpak Plant
As part of the new Valpak plant project, Muller Martini is also providing integrated inserting capabilities, working together with Böwe Bell + Howell Co. (BB+H). Thirty-six fully automatic twin PrintRoll unwinding stations will be spread over 9 inserting and enveloping lines supplied by BB+H.
The bottom line for Cox Target Media will be rapid set-up and faster production throughput, particularly important benefits when you consider that the company produces many different Valpak coupon packets each in relatively small quantities. “Due to the short run lengths at Valpak, integrated communication and hand-offs between each piece of equipment on the entire plant floor will ensure the exact timing for changeovers in real time...avoiding the expensive task of stopping a machine to complete make-ready for the next run,” said Roger P. Bilodeau, Sr. V.P. Corporate Sales & Strategic Markets for Muller Martini.
Muller Martini press delivery technologies are increasingly being installed and utilized at a growing number of print production operations throughout the United States, processing printed products between press and finishing in the most reliable and gentlest way possible to assure the utmost in efficiency and quality.
Muller Martini offers an entire range of automated press delivery machines, each designed to match press speed:
• Floor and overhead conveyors can be custom-created depending on the layout of each customer’s facility, moving printed products quickly and safely from press to post-press.
• Automatic log bundlers maintain superior log quality by tightly controlling the continuous conditioning of signatures.
• Rotary trimmers make precision cuts at full press speed.
• Stackers provide excellent stack quality and accurate count while handling an extensive range of product sizes.
• Automatic palletizers quickly and efficiently process loose or packaged stacks of stitched and adhesive-bound products, shortening production times using less manpower.
• Automated PrintRoll machines enhance the overall speed of a press delivery operation, integrating with all kinds of finishing equipment including saddle stitchers, perfect binders, rotary trimmers, inserting machines, folding units and addressing equipment.