Free Educational Printer App, Print Apply, Has Been Updated and Improved
BALTIMORE—August 21, 2015—Print Apply, an educational app designed to give print professionals and graphic designers instant access to a variety of data and information used in their every day work lives, has been overhauled, upgraded and rebranded.
“The new user interface provides a list view, making it easier for our development team to add sections as the app grows in content. New colorful icons and easy navigation provide a user friendly experience,” said Robert Hunt, Print Apply’s creator.
Print Apply users will also discover other benefits and features, including:
- Envelopes Section: Now updated to include four pages of information, including Envelope Styles, Closures, Flaps and Sizes. (Content provided by corporate sponsor Western States Envelope & Label.)
- Labels Section: This completely new section features a Label Resource Guide, Label Dimensions and Label Characteristics. (Content provided by corporate sponsor Western States Envelope & Label.)
- Folding Section: Folding expert Trish Witkowski, and her team at FoldFactory.com oversaw this updated section packed with 10 pages of information, including Folding 101, Folding Families, Format Options and InDesign templates of commonly used folds that can easily be emailed right from a user’s iPhone.
- Print Media Centr: Providing topical information and resources to the global Print and Integrated Marketing community, with some fun in the mix!
- Barcode Scanner: The QR Code scanner has been updated to a multi purpose barcode scanner which has capabilities of reading QRCodes, Code128, Code39, Code93, UPC-E, PDF417, EAN13 and Aztec
- When users register with Print Apply, they are rewarded with access to even more information and occasional giveaways. Registered users will have instant access to the following sections:
- Creep Calculator
- Spine Width Calculator
- Proportion Wheel
“With the support of our corporate sponsor Western States Envelope & Label, Print Apply continues to be a free download in the iTunes App Store and Google Play Store,” Hunt added. “They have also helped provide vital content for Print Apply since 2013.
“In addition, Alikeware Software Solutions worked as our designer and developer for this iOS updated application,” commented Hunt, “and their expertise and input were essential to this improved, robust application.”
To download Print Apply, visit www.printapplyapp.com. Updates to the Android version of Print Apply will be released in late 2015.