MGI Digital Graphic Technology Launches Five New Digital Solutions at GRAPH EXPO 14
MELBOURNE, FL—September 30, 2014—MGI Digital Graphic Technology, a winner of two 2014 Must See 'Ems Awards, will launch and preview five new digital solutions during GRAPH EXPO 14 in Chicago, Sept. 28-Oct. 1.
The Meteor DP8700 XL+ Launch
The fifth generation of Meteor Series digital press and a 2014 Must See 'Ems Awards Award Winner, the Meteor DP8700 XL+, builds on a very successful and reliable product series that is known for its flexibility in substrate compatibility and new, increased format size of up to 47” long. The newest member to the Meteor family of digital presses, the Meteor DP8700 XL+ will bring a sizeable upgrade in quality, format sizing, thicknesses and more.
- Ability to print substrate thicknesses ranging up to 16-point board and 450 Microns on plastic substrates
- Automatic Duplexing feature has been designed to print and register up to 12-point
- New, fully customizable color scheme, ranging from Gunmetal Grey, Cherry Red, Royal Blue and Midnight Black
The DF Pro Launch
MGI also announced the first in-line finishing unit for use on the Meteor Series of Digital Presses. The DF Pro, a high-speed in-line industrial finishing unit, is designed to keep pace with the high production speeds of the Meteor Series, and offer commercial printers a creative finishing option for their Meteor Press all in one pass. The DF Pro is capable of cutting and trimming, full and striked perforation (allowing for knockouts), as well as up and down creasing.
- All functions can be performed in-line in one pass on formats up to 1,200mm (47”) long
- Speeds of up to 4,260 A4s/hr.
JETvarnish 3D Evolution T Option Launch: Powerful Upgrading
A 2014 Must See 'Ems Awards Winner, the T options allow the world’s fastest digital spot UV coater to get more powerful. The new field upgradeable option allows for either the doubling (T2) or the tripling (T3) of production speeds, giving the JETvarnish 3D the ability to digitally emboss up to 300 microns in one pass on formats up to 52x105cm (20x40").
- Production of up to 2,400 B2s/hr. with embossed 3D effects and 3,000 B2s/hr. with traditional flat effects
- New Barcode Reaction camera system will allow JETvarnish 3D users to digitally emboss or spot varnish variable data by reading printed barcodes and recalling the correct images in the workstation to varnish on the fly
The DP1000 XL World Premiere
A new High Production Meteor Digital Press, the Meteor DP1000 XL, was previewed for the first time ever at the MGI’s GRAPH EXPO 14 Booth. This new press, which will be available sometime in 2015, can print 100 A4 pages-per-minute in thicknesses of up to 16-point board. Keeping with one of the most popular applications on the Meteor Series, the Meteor DP1000 XL will also be able to print on formats up to 47” and a wide variety of substrates as well.
The JETvarnish 3DS Preview
The newest addition to the JETvarnish Digital Spot UV Coating line, MGI is proud to announce the first achievement of its strategic alliance with Konica Minolta, the JETvarnish 3DS. A product developed by MGI exclusively for the Konica Minolta sales network, the third generation JETvarnish has all the tactile effects and advantages of the original JETvarnish 3D with only half the size.
- Designed primarily for the digital print market, this new Digital Spot UV 3D Coater will make the popular 3-D tactile varnish finish available to all digital printers in the market today printing on widths up to 36 cm (14")
- Full Automatic Registration Cameras (ARC) control allows for the individual registration and image correction of prints on-the-fly
- Integrated 3D HubManager software allows for precise cost analytics for each job
To see the complete line of MGI products, including the JETvarnish 3D T2, iFOIL and Meteor DP8700 XL+ in live production, visit the MGI at Booth #3013 during GRAPH EXPO 14 until Oct. 1, in Chicago.