EFI’S VUTEk to Preview Digital Screen Printer
Other advantages of the DS Series, which is expected to be available in 2009, include:
• An optional advanced material handling system capable of loading and unloading a pallet of rigid media material. Rolling carts make it fast and easy to stage new input media and accommodate additional output product;
• Printer and inks that are optimized for use with a wide range of rigid and cut sheet materials including key industry substrates;
• Reduced prepress and set-up times when compared to screen printing. While conventional screen printing set-ups could take up to a day including prepress, burning screens and setting up the screen press, with the DS Series, the file is simply sent to the RIP, media is loaded, and printing can begin;
• Support for both stochastic and rosette screening;
• Accurate front-to-back registration;
• Zoned vacuum table that reduces the amount of masking required for unused vacuum areas;
• Elimination of acids and other hazardous materials used in the screen printing process during screen cleaning and other operations;
• Continuous ink supply with a secondary ink reservoir resulting in the ability to operate continuously for an entire 8-hour shift.
“With the preview of the DS Series, VUTEk has defined a new category of superwide format printers that complements and extends today’s VUTEk systems for the production of large rigid and flexible applications such as POP graphics, billboards and building wraps. The DS Series is ideal for the vast majority of high volume, quick turnaround screen print applications, POP or indoor and outdoor display graphics,” added Dourlet. This announcement further demonstrates EFI VUTEk’s ongoing commitment to UV product leadership and its unmatched innovation within the superwide format market.”
For more information about VUTEk products, visit www.efi.com
EFI (www.efi.com) is the world leader in customer-focused digital printing innovation. EFI’s award-winning solutions, integrated from creation to print, deliver increased performance, cost savings and productivity. The company’s robust product portfolio includes Fiery® digital color print servers; VUTEk® superwide digital inkjet printers, UV and solvent inks; Jetrion® industrial inkjet printing systems; print production workflow and management information software; and corporate printing solutions. EFI maintains 26 offices worldwide.