EFI Releases Latest Version of Its PrintSmith Vision MIS Software Platform
FREMONT, Calif.—August 5, 2015—EFI has enhanced its print workflow offerings with a new update to PrintSmith Vision, a flexible, browser-based MIS software product for print shops, including franchises and in-plant facilities, that features powerful estimating, point-of-sale, account management, production management, receivables and sales analysis tools within a single, easy-to-use application. The software was developed with the goal of driving print shop profitability and efficiency at an affordable price point using features that extend the PrintSmith platform's longstanding presence as the leading MIS technology for small commercial businesses in the graphic arts industry.
The new version of EFI PrintSmith Vision helps users focus on winning more jobs and managing them more efficiently. New mobile views in the software give users more power to check work-in-process, view job statuses or check arriving shipments remotely. Plus, new dashboards in the software provide users with faster access to information they need. Users can view even more critical information, including information specific to the logged-in user, such as orders entered by that user and a list of pending estimates that can be opened from the dashboard and converted into orders.
The new advancements available with the software provide distinct advantages for Gaithersburg, Maryland-based Herron Printing & Graphics. "PrintSmith Vision's new features have helped us save time and money, starting with the software's dashboard," said Randy Herron, the company's owner. "It is the first thing our staff looks at, and everyone can quickly see which jobs are due, and we are all better prepared as we head into to our morning meeting each day."
The browser-based software also helped Herron improve receivables management and cash flow by giving him a platform to re-hire a valued staff member. "I have a long-term employee who moved out of state, and PrintSmith Vision has allowed her to start working with us again," he explained. "It is like she is in the office. She makes all our collection calls and has helped us keep A/R in check."
The software is now ideally suited for mobile access, as users can view a complete range of customer and estimate history details using an HTML5 mobile interface. Data security is another key improvement, with new tools to schedule automatic backups of the MIS software's database.
Users can effectively manage and automate their complete printing workflow thanks to integrated connectivity with EFI Fiery Central and Fiery digital print servers with Command WorkStation, as well as with EFI Digital StoreFront eCommerce and Web-to-print software.
The Digital StoreFront integration provides real-time, bidirectional status updates for immediate communication to operators and customers alike. Users also gain superior job submission and customizable storefront options, which are key advantages for print businesses seeking to enhance client relationships and boost customer loyalty.
Time-saving value with more data and greater control
"PrintSmith Vision, version 3, includes many of the feature requests we have received from our large user community," noted Jeffrey White, general manager, small and medium business products, EFI Productivity Software. "Our goal has been, and continues to be, to provide MIS solutions that improve the productivity and profitability of our customers, giving them more control over business and production data so they can better manage their businesses in real time."
Additional capabilities available in the latest upgrade to PrintSmith Vision include:
- More flexibility in logging customer interactions. Users can be more productive by efficiently managing and tracking customer interactions with a new feature for logging follow ups, meeting reminders, issues and questions from a variety of windows. Logged entries are listed chronologically in the software's dashboard to help ensure that users take appropriate follow-up actions.
- Purchase order generation. Users can create and manage purchase orders for paper, charges, jobs and invoices, plus users can create generic purchase orders to track other purchased items.
- Improved email. The software features numerous email enhancements, including the ability to email purchase orders, integration with Microsoft Outlook Exchange Server, HTML email templates and more.
- Content previews. The software's digital assets window now includes a "show preview" button for previewing PDF, JPG and PNG files, saving users valuable time in job preparation and customer service tasks.
- New and improved scheduling module. Now, users can perform enhanced scheduling and job tracking with data collection in a new scheduling offering, which includes a direct link to the MIS software's tracker module.
In addition to these improvements, the software includes many additional productivity enhancements, security features and workflow optimization tools to help users work faster and more accurately. Printing and packaging professionals across the globe rely on EFIs portfolio of workflow products to manage their businesses and become more streamlined, efficient, informed and profitable.
EFI is a global technology company, based in Silicon Valley, and is leading the worldwide transformation from analog to digital imaging. The company is passionate about fueling customer success with products that increase competitiveness and boost productivity. To do that, it develops breakthrough technologies for the manufacturing of signage, packaging, textiles, ceramic tiles and personalized documents, with a wide range of printers, inks, digital front ends, and a comprehensive business and production workflow suite that transforms and streamlines the entire production process.