EFI Releases Cloud-Based Fiery Navigator Software for Digital Print Business Intelligence at drupa
DÜSSELDORF, Germany — June 7, 2016 — Electronics For Imaging has announced the release of Fiery Navigator, a new cloud-based product that gives print service providers insight into their production data to optimize resource allocation, ensure compliance with operating procedures and make smart equipment decisions.
Fiery Navigator — the first offering based on EFI’s new cloud platform — makes it easy for users to monitor their production operations anywhere, at any time, from a standard Web browser. Users gain more versatility in their ability to track production metrics, while in the shop or remotely, for smarter digital print management.
“Running a successful print operation requires the right equipment and tools. But print service providers also need business intelligence to stay competitive and increase profitability. We are excited to provide that with Fiery Navigator,” explains John Henze, EFI’s vice president of Fiery marketing. “Gaining operation-wide insights helps customers analyze usage patterns, identify areas of improvement and act quickly to increase efficiency and impact their bottom line."
Production analytics drive increased profitability
Fiery Navigator captures key operational data points and displays production analytics for Fiery Driven printers in a comprehensive, customizable dashboard. Users can identify opportunities to improve productivity, find potential cost reductions, and ensure the highest output quality by:
- Comparing device performance and real locating resources to maximize equipment usage
- Analyzing operator behavior to uncover areas where staff need additional training
- Establishing standard operating procedures and monitoring whether operators are in compliance
- Evaluating asset usage for upcoming equipment purchases or renewal planning
- Identifying patterns of consumables usage to forecast volume demands based on historical trends.
Print quality improvements through production consistency
Fiery Navigator can also store an optimal configuration package of Fiery settings and deploy them across all Fiery Driven devices of the same model. Standardizing configurations can ensure consistent output quality for more sellable prints, reduced training, and higher customer satisfaction. Print providers with individual printer models can quickly restore each Fiery server to its previous state by using a backup of its configuration from Fiery Navigator.
Fiery Navigator appeals to a broad range of users, from small quick printers or franchisees with a few printers, to commercial print businesses with numerous devices and multiple locations, to large retailers with hundred of locations. Today, Fiery Navigator consists of four modules that deliver different types of data interaction, with the future capability to enable additional functionality across all market segments.
- Dashboard – View production data for a single Fiery Driven device or aggregated data for multiple devices. Or compare side-by-side the metrics of individual printers or printer groups.
- Sync – Create configuration packages of Fiery settings and d e ploy them to pre-defined device groups to standardize configurations and maintain devices in optimal condition. Or use a sync package to restore a single device to its previous state.
- Manage – Inspect details for the configuration and status of each device, activate and deactivate tracked devices, and group devices based on specific criteria.
- Alert – Set and manage the frequency of email notifications for critical device status alerts. Plus, get daily, weekly or monthly reports on key aggregated data points.
For a limited time, using Fiery Navigator for three or fewer devices is free; an annual paid subscription is required for additional devices.
EFI is demonstrating Fiery Navigator at drupa 2016 in Dusseldorf, Germany, May 31 - June 10. Fiery Navigator will be available later in June.
EFI is a global technology company, based in Silicon Valley, and is leading the worldwide transformation from analog to digital imaging. EFI is passionate about fueling customer success with products that increase competitiveness and boost productivity. To do that, it develops breakthrough technologies for the manufacturing of signage, packaging, textiles, ceramic tiles and personalized documents, with a wide range of printers, inks, digital front ends and a comprehensive business and production workflow suite that transforms and streamlines the entire production process.