Canon U.S.A. to Showcase Diverse Portfolio of Wide-Format, Production Print Solutions at GRAPH EXPO
MELVILLE, NY—September 26, 2014—Canon U.S.A., a leader in digital imaging solutions, will unveil the latest additions to its production and wide format solutions portfolio at GRAPH EXPO 14, taking place between Sept. 28 and Oct. 1, at the McCormick Place Convention Center in Chicago. As the industry continues to evolve, facing increased customer demands and significant technological shifts, print and marketing service providers are developing new applications and making existing applications more efficient. This year in booth No. 613, Canon will demonstrate how the company’s solutions help enable creativity without boundaries and inspire innovation.
"Canon's GRAPH EXPO booth demonstrates the company's commitment to advancing digital print solutions and their strong industry presence in large-format and production printing," said Dave Erlandson, general manager of Caslon & PODi. "The company’s wide range of offerings allows them to tailor solutions to enhance customers’ existing applications and new business opportunities. In addition to printers that produce some of the fastest and highest quality output on the market, Canon also provides customizable software solutions to streamline workflows, which is essential for any print shop to excel in today’s competitive environment."
"The Inkjet Crossroads" area in Canon’s booth will bring the theme of creativity and innovation to life. It is designed to inspire conversations about the industry’s direction, challenges and opportunities. Created for attendees to learn more about the prevailing shift to inkjet printing in a number of major application areas, this section features the following elements:
- New, innovative inkjet solutions, including the Océ Arizona 6100, Océ ImageStream 3500, Océ ColorStream 3900 and Niagara printers.
- The Niagara theater with live presentations on the Niagara project that speaks to the market evolution and opportunities with sheetfed inkjet.
- A Knowledge Bar where visitors can meet one-on-one with Canon representatives who have a wide range of expertise to receive personalized advice on their specific business needs, as well as insights on inkjet printing.
- A Print Sample Gallery exhibiting the broad range of work that can be created with Canon inkjet technology.
The Canon booth will also feature compelling customer stories and information about Canon solutions. The customer application gallery will showcase a broad range of award-winning and creative print applications that have been produced by Canon users. The PRISMA Solutions Gallery will provide interactive demonstrations on the broad range of PRISMA workflow solutions that help customers streamline productivity and enable new business growth.
"The Canon booth at GRAPH EXPO 14 delivers a comprehensive look at our diverse portfolio of wide format and production printing products and solutions," noted Junichi Yoshitake, senior vice president and general manager, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A. "Canon is the market leader when it comes to inkjet printing, and our booth will feature the ‘Inkjet Crossroads’ exhibit and Knowledge Bar to help provide insight to attendees on how inkjet can complement and expand their print services and offerings."
At GRAPH EXPO 14, Canon will show its top-tier position in the printing industry by featuring several new inkjet, large-format and production presses and workflow solutions at its booth. Canon is also proud to announce at GRAPH EXPO, two 2014 MUST SEE ’EMS Award Winners: the Océ Arizona 6100 and the Océ ImageStream 3500.
- The Océ Arizona 6100 is designed specifically for higher volume sign and display print service providers. Comprised of the six-color Océ Arizona 6160 XTS and the seven-color Océ Arizona 6170 XTS UV flatbed printers, this series comes equipped with the award-winning Océ VariaDot printing technology to offer “near photographic” print quality. These devices feature new productivity enhancements including pneumatic registration pins and automated printhead maintenance and can produce inkjet print output of speeds up to 1,668 square feet per hour.
- The Océ ImageStream 3500 is the first, full-color continuous feed inkjet press in the Océ-brand portfolio that can print on standard offset-coated stock without the use of inkjet treatments, offering print speeds of up to 525 feet per minute and a resolution up to 1,200x1,200 dpi. The high resolution combined with Océ’s unique DigiDot technology—a flexible droplet modulation with four contrast levels—provides smoother gradations, crisper details and a greater dynamic range, leading to higher image quality.
- The imagePRESS C800 Series of digital color presses combines new and proven technology to deliver the level of print quality, productivity and flexibility expected of the imagePRESS line, in a compact, scalable footprint. Designed specifically for small-to-medium commercial, franchise, in-plant and quick printers, these electrophotographic digital full-color presses offer higher image quality and greater productivity to a broader market. The imagePRESS C800 Series boasts print speeds of up to 80 ppm and delivers an exceptional 2,400x2,400 dpi resolution.
- The Océ ColorStream 3900 is an end-to-end solution that automates full-color production inkjet printing by facilitating roll changes and bringing multiple finishing options inline to increase press utilization and deliver perforated and/or trimmed finished output. The Tecnau Zero Speed Splicer u40 helps further reduce downtime by automating roll changes, helping to ensure the press continues to run at production speeds maximizing overall throughput and productivity.
- The imagePROGRAF iPF785 MFP M40 is ideal for the computer-aided design, architecture, engineering and construction industries. A versatile, large-format imaging system includes the 36" iPF785 printer, an M40 scanner that can scan documents up to 2mm thick, a stand-alone computer, touch-screen monitor, 320 GB hard drive and SmartWorks MFP software. The device has the ability to output a D (24” x 36”) sized drawing in Economy Mode in approximately 21 seconds and includes a sub-ink tank system that allows ink to be changed on-the-fly.
- The Niagara is a high-speed, sheetfed digital inkjet full-color press that was unveiled at the PRINT 13 show and, when released in 2015, will combine the best, market-proven, sheet-fed technologies from Canon’s portfolio with an innovative, patented four-color ink system. Niagara can produce up to 3,800 duplexed B3 sheets and up to 8,500 duplexed letter sheets per hour, with volumes of up to 10 million letter size images per month. The Niagara digital inkjet press will offer integrated end-to-end digital workflows built atop Canon’s PRISMAsync digital front end and Océ PRISMA software platform, along with robust feeding, output and online finishing capabilities, managed by full process quality controls.
- The imagePRESS C60 digital press, previewing at the Canon booth, was developed for advertising agencies, graphic design studios, packaging design and architectural firms. Building on the success of the imagePRESS C1 Series, the imagePRESS C60 digital press will enable creative professionals to bring their vision to life even faster. 2400 x 2400 dpi resolution, combined with the renowned imagePRESS Gloss Optimization technology and the highest color consistency in its class, deliver vibrant, reproducible image quality excellence.
- The Web-based PRISMAsync Remote Manager allows operators to remotely submit and manage jobs as well as manage print queues of one or multiple PRISMAsync controller-driven devices from any workstation with an HTML5-compliant browser. And with Canon’s new, unique Multi-Engine Job Scheduler, the PRISMAsync Remote Manager previewed at the show allows production planning and remote monitoring of all connected devices at a glance.
- Canon’s PRISMAsync-driven Océ VarioPrint 6000+ is a market-proven solution for ultra-high volume sheetfed production of monochrome books, manuals, transactional and financial documents. The latest Océ VarioPrint 6000+ Series release features native PDF printing with Adobe’s PDF Print Engine (APPE) 3 for optimized output quality and processing performance. PDF/VT support increases productivity for variable data printing applications. Configured with the new SDD BGB3202 Perfect Binder, on preview, it offers fully automated, on-demand book production. The finisher automatically recognizes the book thickness and adjusts accordingly, critical for book-of-one applications.
About Canon U.S.A.
Canon U.S.A. is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2013† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies in 2014. In 2013, Canon U.S.A. has received the PCMag.com Readers’ Choice Award for Service and Reliability in the digital camera and printer categories for the tenth consecutive year, and for camcorders for the past three years. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings.
†Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Source: Canon U.S.A.