Canon U.S.A. Unveils imageRUNNER ADVANCE MFPs; New Management Solution
MELVILLE, N.Y.—February 3, 2016—Today’s businesses require fully integrated and holistic business solutions that are both flexible to the needs of their employees, as well as the trends embraced by today’s workforce. Canon U.S.A., a leader in digital imaging, today unveiled the future of Canon business solution technology with the introduction of the first Multifunction Systems (MFPs) to be built on the third generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE platform, the imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8500/6500 Series. Building upon the line’s proven, award-winning Canon technology, these new models further enhance the user experience and help to streamline business workflows. Featuring a modern, new two-color scheme, the design for these models was chosen to align with trends of brighter office spaces with high contrast colors and models outside of the imageRUNNER ADVANCE portfolio.
"As businesses evolve, they require technology that can adapt to their changing workflow needs. The introduction of this new platform is designed to provide customers with the flexibility and scalability to grow with their business," said Junichi Yoshitake, senior vice president and general manager, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A. With a strong feature set and solutions platform, plus platform consistency and coherence, these new models are designed to meet the demands of today’s businesses."
Keith Kmetz of IDC, also noted, "With the launch of the third generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series, Canon has implemented a wide range of improvements, and demonstrates that it continues to focus on designing products that address key customer challenges and workflow. These new models provide Canon with the opportunity to position itself as a leader in offering fully integrated and holistic business solutions."
The third generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE models have been designed to help save time and resources while increasing productivity with efficient workflows and intuitive ease of use. A newly designed flat operation, touch-screen panel includes a larger display and new functions to improve usability. When authentication is activated, users can access My ADVANCE features to create a personalized experience tailored to their preferences for the display, settings and many frequently used functions.
Building upon the success of Canon’s award-winning technology, these new models offer tools that help users recognize areas for better management of print and document overhead. With advanced user authentication standard in all third generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE models, organizations can manage print and document costs by controlling employees’ access and usage. Through the use of this standard feature, these new models can also integrate virtually seamlessly with optional uniFLOW software, Canon’s comprehensive and scalable solution software platform for device, output management and smart scanning solutions.
These models feature a set of standard and optional security capabilities to help limit access to sensitive information. Building upon Canon’s prior security features and solutions, the third generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE models now include a standard Hard Disk Drive (HDD) Encryption function with FIPS140-2 validation, automatically encrypting data stored on the main unit’s HDD, thereby helping to restrict access to data which can limit data leaks from occurring.
Device and Fleet Management
The new imageRUNNER ADVANCE systems can be supported by a customer’s Canon’s imageWARE Enterprise Management Console1, its plug-ins and Canon’s Managed Document Services. With these additional solutions, customers can benefit from centralized control for day-to-day management, as well as tools to easily deploy and manage device settings, user management and security features across the fleet of multifunction systems.
Quality and Reliability
The third generation of imageRUNNER ADVANCE models is designed for durability, reliability, and ease of service to provide customers with the uptime and quality that they’ve come to expect from Canon MFPs.
With features to help reduce waste, technology designed to provide low energy consumption, which can help limit emissions, and the use of bio-based plastics2 in select parts, the third generation imageRUNNER ADVANCE Series is designed to help support customers’ sustainability goals. The new imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8500/6500 Series models are Energy Star certified and rated EPEAT Gold.3
The imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8500/6500 Series
Designed as reliable, durable products that deliver high quality output, the imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8500/6500 Series are ready to assist high-volume office environments with a need for monochrome printing, document intensive workflows, robust scanning and diverse finishing requirements.
Great for a wide variety of vertical markets, including legal, education, financial and manufacturing businesses, as well as CRDs or in-plant operations, the imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8505i/8595i/8585i models make excellent companions for businesses looking to maximize print efficiency and bring work in-house to help achieve cost savings. The imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6575i/6565i/6555i are well positioned for law firms, manufacturing firms, schools and offices or large departments within an enterprise that have a need for high volume, black-and-white printing. These models offer the tools helpful for mid to high-volume offices to address document intensive workflows, scanning and diverse finishing requirements.
The imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8500 and the imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6500 Series are available now with the following Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices (MRSPs):
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8505i, $53,000; imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8595i. $41,000;
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE 8585i, $35,000; imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6575i, $30,000;
- imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6565i, $24,000; imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6555i, $18,000.*
To help eliminate barriers to productivity, businesses require centralized platforms for output management that also offer flexibility and advanced scanning solutions with ease of integration into existing workflows. Building upon this market need, Canon U.S.A. has released uniFLOW Version 5.4., the latest version of the award-winning output management, device management and smart scanning solution. As an integrated single platform software solution, uniFLOW V5.4 provides improved scanning and mobile printing, enhanced office printing, central device management and an extension of the previous version’s print room features for a wide range of products.
Expanding upon the market-leading print and scan management capabilities of previous versions, uniFLOW V5.4 introduces highly secure workflow-enabled scanning to the Canon imageFORMULA ScanFront Network Scanners, and extends highly secure printing to the Océ ColorWave and Océ PlotWave Large Format Printers and deeply integrates with Océ PRISMAdirect used in print rooms.
"The demands of the office environment are continually evolving, and Canon is committed to refining our solutions to provide the best possible resources as businesses grow and adapt to new trends," said Junichi Yoshitake, senior vice president and general manager, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A. With uniFLOW Version 5.4, we’ve expanded upon the success of Canon’s award-winning technology and continue to simplify and improve the user experience by providing users with greater flexibility, control and convenience required to manage their workflow processes."
The key benefits of uniFLOW V5.4 include:
- Flexible document scanning—uniFLOW V5.4 offers improved implementation wizards, an enhanced scan processing engine that provides OCR, de-speckling and de-skewing, additional connectors, security options and uniFLOW Scanning support on Canon imageFORMULA ScanFront Networked Scanners. Providing a consistent smart scanning solution across Canon MFP systems and networked scanners can help reduce confusion and increase productivity in the office place.
- Powerful mobile printing—With this solution, administrators have greater control and flexibility in supporting growing mobile print requirements and determining which printer functions can be accessed by various mobile print users including guest users.
- Enhanced office printing—The latest version of uniFLOW V5.4 features new print workflow set-up wizards and an improved user interface for the uniFLOW Release Station, which can also be used on non-Canon systems. Additionally, this solution brings highly secure printing and job accounting features to the Océ ColorWave and Océ PlotWave Large Format Printer family. This extends more print security, control and management benefits of this solution to a variety of new customers such as architectural, building and engineering firms.
- Central device management—uniFLOW V5.4 is now equipped with an enhanced card identity and self-management interface, allowing users to conveniently register multiple identity cards or temporary cards directly from the Canon device touch screen. This provides efficient user and project tracking flexibility and helps lessen administrative management time.
- Integrated production printing—In addition to expanding uniFLOW “Scan to Print Room” functionality, uniFLOW V5.4 offers integration with Océ PRISMAdirect, Canon’s new production workflow and order management system. This allows organizations to better manage the accounting and reporting of both their office print environment and print room, on one common system.
- Energy saving—uniFLOW V5.4 offers a new energy-saving, sleep mode feature, which, when scheduled by the administrator, allows uniFLOW controlled imageRUNNER ADVANCE systems to utilize as little as one watt or less of energy when in this mode.
uniFLOW V5.4 is available now through Canon Authorized Dealers and Canon Solutions America. Most customers currently under a Maintenance & Support contract are eligible for an upgrade at no cost.
† Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Availability, prices and specifications are subject to change without notice.
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners.
None of these statements should be construed as legal advice, as Canon U.S.A., Inc. does not provide legal counsel or compliance consultancy, including without limitation, Sarbanes Oxley, HIPAA, GLBA, Check 21 or the USA Patriot Act. Each Customer must have its own qualified counsel determine the advisability of a particular solution as it relates to regulatory and statutory compliance.
*Actual prices are set by individual dealers and may vary.
(1) There is no charge for these solutions, however, they need to be activated.
(2) The parts such as buttons on the control panel, and the button of staple on demand with which users frequently come into contact are made of bio-based plastics.
(3) As an ENERGY STAR Partner, Canon U.S.A. has qualified these models as meeting the ENERGY STAR energy efficiency criteria through an EPA recognized certification body. ENERGY STAR and the ENERGY STAR mark are registered U.S. trademarks.
About Canon U.S.A.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean (excluding Mexico) markets. With approximately $31 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2015† and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2015. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings.
Source: Canon U.S.A.