Canon Solutions America Expands its Colex Sharpcut Product Offering
MELVILLE, N.Y. — July 20, 2017 — Canon Solutions America, a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., announced that two flatbed cutter models have been added to their Colex Sharpcut product offering. The Colex Sharpcut Digital Finishing System was introduced last year as an entry-level cutting solution for customers looking to help grow their business through increased application capability. With the expansion of the finishing solution developed by Colex, Canon Solutions America aims to help provide dynamic workflow possibilities for every customer.
In addition to the Sharpcut SX3216 (5’ x 10’), Canon Solutions America now has commercially available the new Sharpcut SX1616 (5’ x 5’ table size, available with or without conveyor) and the Sharpcut SX3232C (10’ 1/2 x 10’ 1/2 table size, conveyor included) for super wide applications. These products are manufactured in the United States using the same technologies as the Sharpcut SX3216. Both models serve markets requiring automatic knife cutting, creasing, and routing operations at a competitive price point. Each model includes a fixed knife, oscillating knife with an optional 3HP router upgrade, and additional tools to customize the customer’s workflow, allowing the capability for a multitude of applications.
Examples of Applications
- Displays and POPs: 3-dimensional product displays by contour cutting, trimming, routing, and creasing for both rigid and flexible media
- Packaging: Samples for corrugated, folding carton, foam, and other packaging needs are produced easily with automatic cutting and creasing
- Graphics: 2-dimensional signs, decals, banners, outdoor exhibits, and intricate lettering can all be cut, trimmed, or routed within minutes
- Textile and Fabric: Cut textiles, fabrics and other fibrous materials with the Colex Sharpcut’s motorized fabric cutter
“The alliance with Colex has allowed us to offer our customers robust equipment that complements Canon technology and paves the way for new revenue opportunities,” said Sal Sheikh, VP, Marketing, Large Format Solutions, Canon Solutions America. “Collaborating with Colex has brought tremendous success for our customers and we are excited to introduce the SX1616 and SX3232C to the product lineup.”
VewERSATILITY + SPEED + ACCURACY + AFFORDABLE PRICE
- Short set-up time with multi-tool head positions and modules
- Excellent throughput, productivity and speed without sacrificing quality
- The ability to produce a wide range of applications on a variety of unique materials
- Three modules to help manage a wide range of versatile tools
The Colex Sharpcut Series combines versatility, speed, and accuracy at an affordable price, already validated by the success of the original Sharpcut SX3216. With two additional table sizes, the flexible Colex Sharpcut Digital Finishing System can help customers looking to maximize the full potential of their flatbed printers.
“We at Canon Solutions America have the responsibility to provide the best solutions for our customers and consistently evolve to meet their specific requirements,” added Sheikh. “In line with the Canon Solutions America philosophy, Colex takes great pride in its products and offers the highest level of service to each customer. We are confident that this collaboration will continue to provide excellent results and give our customers the necessary tools to produce a greater range of applications on a wide variety of materials.”
The Colex Sharpcut Finishing System is now available through Canon Solutions America. To learn more, visit csa.canon.com or meet with Canon Solutions America during the 2017 SGIA Expo at booth # 2525.
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Printing Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of the staff of Printing Impressions.