Boelte-Hall Harvests Leads at AMS 2012 - PODi Case Study
Vertical Market: Printing Services
Business Application: Direct Marketing/Lead and Traffic Generation
Boelte-Hall exhibits annually at the Ag Media Summit (AMS) and uses cross-media marketing to promote itself and partner companies to attendees. The 2012 summit was held in Albuquerque, New Mexico, August 5th–7th. The objectives for the campaign were:
- Increase traffic to Boelte-Hall’s booth and to the booths of their three partner companies.
- Illustrate the power of cross-media marketing to attendees.
- Generate business leads.
Boelte-Hall partnered with three other companies exhibiting at the 2012 Ag Media Summit—Cattleman's Beef Board, National Pork Board and the Board of Trade of Kansas City, Missouri. The campaign was designed to drive traffic to all four booths.
- 57.6 percent visit rate—Of the 458 people on the original mailing list, 264 went to their personalized landing page via a QR Code or Personalized URL.
- 54.8 percent response rate—251 individuals completed the online survey.
- Of those who completed the survey: 87 responded after initial postcard mailing; 103 responded after follow-up e-mail; 61 responded after second follow-up e-mail.
- As part of the campaign Boelte-Hall offers AMS attendees a ride from the airport to the conference. 57.8 percent of the targeted attendees accepted the offer: 215 registered for a ride online; five registered via call to Boelte-Hall representative; 45 more connected with the Boelte-Hall driver at the airport.
- 155 individuals (33.8 percent of mailing) stopped at one or more booths, chatted with representatives and entered the contest: A total of 266 entries were received from these 155 (many entered at more than one booth).
- Of the 155 who entered the contest: 80 entered using their online entry form; 61 used entry forms available at show; 15 used a combination of online and at-show entries.
- Boelte-Hall had lots of activity in their booth with representatives answering many questions about the campaign, and partners reported a high rate of traffic and conversation at their booths.
Boelte-Hall sent personalized postcards to 458 registered attendees, offering them a ride to the hotel from the airport, as well as a chance to win a prize. Respondents visited a personalized landing page via a QR Code or a Personalized URL. At the personalized site visitors completed an online survey which asked six questions (two from each partner) and whether they wanted a ride from the airport.