Does Your Business Suffer from Disorganitis?
Disorganitis? You may have heard it called Reworkitis or No-clueitis, It’s even been referred to as This-is-normalitis, within the printing industry.
It’s a disease that’s hard to cure, especially if you don’t recognize the symptoms, or are in denial that you have it.
The symptoms may vary from mild to severe:
- HEADACHES over recurring mistakes.
- HAIR LOSS due to losing money from wasted time & resources.
- PANIC ATTACKS from missing deadlines.
- ULCERS from making excuses to customers.
- INSOMNIA from long hours training & retraining personnel.
- RED EYE from over working and no personal life.
- ANGER OUTBURST keeping your business clean and orderly.
- MEMORY LOSS from constant interruptions with the same questions.
- CONFUSION from the chaos in your business.
So where do you start to regain your health?
You start by facing the truth—recognizing you have “disorganizes” (chaos in your business), and admitting you need help bringing your business to order! Now you must make the decision to STOP the chaos…or continue the pain.
Chaos is NOT “normal”—you can GET OVER IT!
What is the cure? Systemization will heal business disorganitis!
Checklists are not unique in bringing a business into order. Many of the budget-killing mistakes that risk customer loyalty can be dramatically reduced or eliminated by putting together simple checklists and having everyone follow them.
Ah, there’s the rub, you say? There is a way!
Consider the following examples of some who have implemented checklists that have saved whole companies from disaster—they have saved money and time, but also many lives.
Disturbed by the thousands of needless deaths in hospitals due to infections, a renowned Johns Hopkins Hospital critical-care specialist, Dr. Peter Pronovost, put together a simple five-step checklist in 2001 for installing lines in the human body. Almost immediately, infection rates plummeted at the hospital.