5 Things to Say to a Printer if You Want to Get Your A$$ Kicked
The following is what you ‘would not’ want to say to a printer:
- Print? Print is dead!—Yeah—No. It’s not—I can cite you 10 studies that show you that ink on paper is still one of the most compelling tools to communicate with humans.
- That Viagra commercial is hilarious. No, it’s not. First of all, erectile dysfunction is serious, and B: our industry is NOT completely 100 percent full of men in their late fifties. Sorry guys. There are lots of women in print too, and I actually kind of liked that ad.
- ANY use of the words JUNK MAIL. Please do not refer to our blood sweat and tears as junk mail. Direct mail is still used by millions of companies and organizations around the globe to communicate, solicit, and generally entertain people. So stop calling it that. NOW.
- You are killing trees needlessly. Actually, no we’re not. Paper companies are some of the most responsible stewards of the environment and of our natural resources of any industrial group. You want to talk waste? Let’s talk about batteries and electronic waste. Where do you think all these computers, tablets and cell phones are going to end up? In a magical land of techno-fairies? Nope. Landfills. And paper? We recycle that!
- Social media is more effective than a printed piece. REALLY? I actually happen to believe in actual integrated communication plans, where print, social, TV and other mediums all sit around holding hands and sing campfire songs together. No one medium can do it all. And anyone who tells you that has an agenda that is probably not even hidden.
So this is pretty much a fluff piece, but now I feel all pumped up and defensive of our beloved industry…Wanna make something of it?