Putting Visual Marketing to Work for You
According to David Langton and Anita Campbell, authors of Visual Marketing: 99 Ways for Small Businesses to Market with Images and Design (a book the Affinity Express Marketing Team consumed last year!), “Well done infographics allow businesses to communicate powerful brand stories through compelling graphics. The best infographics have an element of entertainment to them and people tend to share infographics, when they might not share the same information presented as text.” This is also true of other forms of visual content. Here is why businesses large and small are turning to visual marketing:
- Using visuals on your website can increase your monthly unique visitors by 200 to 300 percent.
- By using images on your website, it is possible to improve your conversion rate.
- Blog posts with images can boost traffic more than plain text posts.
- Customers who view product videos are 85% more likely to buy products.
The best place to begin adding visual marketing elements is your website.
- Make sure that every page of your website and business blog has relevant and interesting images attached to it.
- Create your own images that represent your content and ideas instead of using generic stock photos.
- Create video demonstrations of your products and services rather than text reviews and descriptions.
- Make data and statistics more appealing and “sharable” with infographics.
- Share and link your visuals across your social media networks.
Tips for Using Visual Marketing: