6 Ways to Drive Your Postpress Company to Greater Profits
6. The more you know…
Even in difficult economic times, education should remain high on your priority list. Brainpower is a critical resource to staying competitive and profitable.
Continued education is one method to keep employees motivated and satisfied with their job. Most of the time it is cheaper to retrain an existing employee than it is to train a new one. And considering the hiring challenges within our industry—bindery operators are one of the top three hardest positions to fill, according to PIA’s recent ad hoc HR Trends survey (Jim Kyger, “Graying, Recruiting, and Meeting Your Customers’ Demands,” The Magazine, August, 2015, 66-67)—you want to encourage your staff to stay up to date on technologies and strategies.
For resources, you’ll find valuable postpress titles offered through the PIA Bookstore. BIA members receive discounts on publications as well as learning and networking events throughout the year.
Have any profit-building tricks? Share yours on the BIA LinkedIn group!
If you’re looking for new paths to grow your postpress business, take a closer look at BIA.
What is BIA?
BIA is a dedicated Printing Industries of America group specifically for postpress companies.
What do they do?
BIA offers support for members through the finest networking in the postress industry and education on the latest innovative technologies. Our members enjoy access to value-added resources that allow them to be more competitive and profitable.
What are the benefits?
- Discounts on registration for all Printing Industries of America conferences
- Special pricing for publications purchased through Printing Industries Press
- Exclusive discounts through the National Buying Program
- Access to professional peer networking forums, like virtual peer groups
- Free technical support from the Technical Hotline
- Digital access monthly to Printing Industries of America: The Magazine
- Discounted rates on courses through the Integrated Learning Center
- Bound for Excellence e-newsletter and the BIA Blog
How can I join?