In this audio clip from the "Green Marketing Without Greenwashing—How to legally and ethically back up your environmental claims" Webinar, Ben Grossman, co-president, Grossman Marketing Group, discusses the theory and practice of green marketing and offers guidance for how to make direct marketing efforts more sustainable. He emphasizes several points:
• business people have a role to play in sustainability;
• wind power is one of the best alternatives to use; and
• sustainability should also be a factor in paper and ink choices.
Grossman also offers several recommendations for environmentally-conscious communications.
The "Green Marketing Without Greenwashing" Webinar was sponsored by NewPage Corp. and presented by Target Marketing and Printing Impressions magazines. Also taking part in the Webinar were Scot Case, vice president, TerraChoice; Randi W. Singer, litigation partner, Weil, Gotshal & Manges; and Rick Merdan, marketing strategy manager – Environmental, NewPage Corp.
Among the topics to be discussed were:
• the FTC’s regulations on environmental marketing claims, called the Green Guides;
• the implications of making unethical green marketing statements; and
• supporting claims with fact-based and/or third-party verifications.
To register and listen to the full Webinar on demand, click here.