Printware Highlights Affordable Polyester CtP Solutions
ST. PAUL, MN—May 15, 2008—Printware, a leading innovator of high quality, high performance CtP solutions, announced today it will highlight its line of polyester CtP systems and new workflow solutions at drupa, the world’s largest printing exhibition to be held in Düsseldorf, Germany, May 29-June 11 in Hall 9, Stand 9D 26-9.
The Printware PlateStream SC™, SCX™ portrait format and Color+ Dual landscape format digital platesetting systems are simple, compact, fully integrated and proven in thousands of installations. With its Color+™ registration system, an integrated plate processor, scan-to-plate capability and native PDF workflow, PlateStream systems are well suited for increasing productivity and profits.
Features of Platestream CtP systems include:
• Cost Effectiveness: Produces up to 120 press-ready plates per hour without waste.
• Extremely Accurate: +/- 0.001” accuracy across four consecutive plates assures tight press register and faster make ready times.
• Customized Plate Profiles: Intuitive press profiling system enables you to fine-tune your dot gain and linearization for press-ready plates.
• Eliminates Waste: Printware’s exclusive 280’ or 394’ long rolls of SilverStream Color+™ plate material will sustain less waste for each roll changeover than any other system and can produce perfect cut-to-size plates.
• Optional Integrated Tools: Press Accurate Digital Color Proofing, One-Touch Scanning, Workflow, In-RIP Trapping and In-RIP Imposition.
Printware CtP solutions are powered by the industry leading Navigator GPS RIP and enhanced with RIP Manager workflow. This powerful workflow solution, integrated into CtP systems, includes the RIP Manager workflow that allows operators full RIP control and job management from their desktop workstations. PDF Tools provide even greater workflow capabilities, automatically creating and preflighting PDF’s within the workflow, eliminating errors and increasing productivity with industry proven digital solutions. Printware CtP solutions typically also include integrated trapping, color management for inkjet proofing and easy to use imposition fitting any plate or job needs. Based on the Harlequin core technology, Navigator GPS is recognized worldwide as a leading workflow for commercial and in-plant printers.