MGI Presents Its New Digital Toner and Inkjet Portfolio at drupa
DUSSELDORF, GERMANY—May 9, 2012—MGI Digital Graphic Technology, the French manufacturer of digital printing and finishing solutions, has announced its full lineup of drupa product premieres, which includes a broad range of new toner and inkjet digital production devices.
MGI’s drupa presentation includes two products previously announced prior to the show:
• AlphaJET B2 sheetfed inkjet press, presented in a technology preview with commercial availability scheduled for mid to late 2013. With speeds up to 3,000 20x29˝ sheets per hour, the AlphaJET utilizes MGI’s award-winning inkjet technology to print in up to six UV colors in 1,200x1,200 dpi and offers inline spot or flood UV coating, on substrates up to 500 gsm.
• JETvarnish 3D digital spot UV coater, which takes spot UV coating to a new level. Offering beautiful spot embossing capabilities, the JETvarnish 3D is ideal for producing textured and raised effects on digital or offset prints up to 20x29˝. For users interested in higher volume spot UV coating without the raised effects, the JETvarnish 3D provides this feature at speeds up to 3,000 20x29˝ sheets per hour.
NEW JETvarnish 3D features announced at drupa include:
• 3D embossing directly on to digital prints (including MGI’s Meteor series), as well as inkjet and offset– no lamination or coating required
• New camera system ensuring precise registration to printed pages
The JETvarnish 3D is available for order immediately with installation beginning in fall 2012.
In addition to the AlphaJET and JETvarnish 3D, MGI is presenting the following new product premieres at drupa:
• Meteor DP8700 S—now featured alongside the Meteor DP8700 XL in MGI’s flagship series of dry toner digital presses, the Meteor DP8700 S offers entry-level users the power of digital production for short runs of paper, envelopes and synthetic (such as Teslin) with variable data/personalization, at an affordable price point and with no click charge, and with speeds up to 4, 260 A4/letter pages per hour and stunning 3,600 dpi/270 lpi print resolutions. The Meteor DP8700 S is now commercially available.
• NOVA UV (presented in a technology preview, with availability scheduled for late 2012)—MGI’s flagship Meteor series with an inline UV coater, ideal for one-step printing and UV coating of applications such as book covers, brochures, postcards and many others. The NOVA UV will also be available as an inline option for Meteor DP60 Pro and above models, and also as an offline unit and will be ideal for both digital and offset prints, scheduled for availability by Q4 2012.
• JET 7540—the four- to six-color inkjet press with inline spot or flood UV coating, perfectly suited for personalization of offset printed calendars. The JET 7540 can print on substrates between 0.2 and 4 mm thick, with speeds up to 2,500 sheets per hour and format sizes up to 74x65 cm. It is now available for order.
See MGI’s entire digital printing and finishing portfolio (including all new products) at drupa 2012 in Hall 4, Stand B24. For more information or to schedule a personalized demonstration at the show, please visit MGI’s drupa website.
The MGI Group is composed of MGI Digital Graphic Technology, headquartered in Paris (Ivry-sur-Seine), France, and KÖRA-PACKMAT, located in Villingendorf, Germany. Founded in 1982, the company designs, manufactures and markets a full and innovative range of award-winning digital presses and a complete line of versatile finishing solutions. MGI has a portfolio comprised of several thousand customers in a wide range of sectors, including graphic industry professionals, Fortune 1000 companies, government agencies, plastic card manufacturers, silk screeners and photo labs.
MGI USA, based in Melbourne, FL, is MGI’s fully owned subsidiary that services the North and South American, Caribbean and Asia Pacific markets.
KÖRA-PACKMAT is an industrial manufacturing company which specializes in the development of offset sub-systems. Having 4 business units which cover feeding systems, paper transport systems, film wrapping machines & ultrasonic sealing systems, KÖRA-PACKMAT has a worldwide presence that is represented through a network of distributors and a subsidiary based in Singapore.