HP InkJet Web Presses Reach Milestone of 100 Billion Pages Printed by Customers
PALO ALTO, Calif.—May 6, 2015—The HP InkJet Web Press platform has reached a major print milestone of more than 100 billion letter size pages printed. Laid side-by-side, this volume of pages could travel to the moon and back 36 times.
Since its 2008 debut at drupa, the platform has been steadily adopted worldwide and this 100-billion page milestone further showcases how HP customers are growing their businesses with HP high-speed production inkjet, delivering higher productivity, performance and capacity as well as personalization and customization, to meet campaign demands of leading brands and publishers around the globe.
100 Billion Pages and Counting
Why is this milestone so important? Because digital print production with HP InkJet Web Press Technology has made the impossible, possible:
- More impactful communication to end users: Global brands and retailers are moving beyond standard transactional printing of credit card and bank statements, coupons and catalogues. With digital production inkjet, brands are enhancing transactional communication to end users with customized campaigns that are more effective and result in increased response-rates.
- Business growth for printers and brands alike: HP InkJet enables our customers to deliver innovative and dynamic prints that help grow their businesses with new customers like global brands, who can in turn grow their own businesses and communicate more effectively with end users.
- Printing only what you need, when you need it: Not only can customers deploy a more efficient workflow operation, digital production inkjet allows them to produce the volumes clients want, when they want it, while saving time and money on unnecessary print jobs. For example, publishing companies can now deploy an on-demand printing strategy, reducing the waste of discarded volumes on warehouse shelves.
30 Years of Inkjet Innovation
With more than 30 years of inkjet innovation and industry leadership since the first HP InkJet device was introduced in 1984, HP has remained committed to the technology at the heart of its print business. Here are some notable milestones over the past three decades:
- In 2005, HP introduced Scalable Print Technology (SPT) that leverages thermal inkjet technology across multiple platforms.
- In 2008, HP introduced a new start-up division, HP InkJet High-speed Production Solutions (IHPS). The first order of business? Leveraging SPT to unveil the new HP InkJet Web Press Technology platform with the HP T300, the graphics industry’s first high-quality, high-productivity inkjet web press.
- Since the first installation six years ago, the HP InkJet Web Press customer base has grown exponentially worldwide, transforming the publishing industry as well as enabling new business models and high-volume applications in production mail, commercial printing and, most recently, corrugated packaging.