GRAPH EXPO 14 and CPP EXPO Roll Out the Industry Event of the Year
CHICAGO—September 29, 2014—GRAPH EXPO 14 features the latest technologies from more than 440 exhibitors, dynamic show floor features, more than 50 co-located events and an unmatched educational slate. The show runs through Wednesday, Oct. 1, 2014. For the second year, the CPP EXPO which serves package printers and converters is co-located with the show in Chicago.
With a theme of "Integrate," GRAPH EXPO 14's highly interactive show floor attractions are complemented by a robust slate of educational sessions targeted to the 12 major graphic communications industry segments: Wide Format Inkjet Printing; Package Printing and Converting; Commercial Printing; Corporate/Education/Government Printing Centers/In-Plant; Transactional Printing; Quick/Small Commercial Printing; Photo Imaging; Mailing and Fulfillment; Book Printing/ Publishing; Newspaper Printing/Publishing; Marketing/Creative Services/Media/Print Buying; and, new for 2014, Manufacturing/Industrial Printing.
GRAPH EXPO 14 show goers are discovering a host of learning opportunities among 14 show floor pavilions and specialty sections, five Learning Theaters and three "Ask the Expert" stations. Co-located CPP EXPO is also presenting a specialized slate of educational opportunities for package printers and converters.
Educational opportunities began on Sunday, with the always-popular EXECUTIVE OUTLOOK Conference, co-sponsored by Xerox, EFI and Output Links Communications Group. This year's "Print That Performs" themed session focused on marketing and explored the latest issues and trends in the graphic communications industry. The half-day conference wrapped up with the announcement of the "Best in Category" selections from the 2014 Must See ’Ems competition winners, all of which will be prominently recognized on the show floor. Also, the annual "Legacy Award" was presented for a past Must See ’Ems winning technology which has had a significant, lasting and continuing influence on the graphic communications industry. NPES President Ralph Nappi then announced the winner of the 2014 Positively Print Award that honors a print advocacy program designed to promote the enduring power of print in today's media mix.
After the EXECUTIVE OUTLOOK, the doors opened to GRAPH EXPO 14, with the slate of 50-plus seminars, continuous sessions in the Learning Theaters, individualized "Ask the Expert" stations on the show floor—all offering unprecedented learning opportunities for graphic communications professionals from every segment of the industry.
On The Floor
Along with hundreds of exhibitors displaying their hardware, software, products and services, the GRAPH EXPO 14 show floor features 14 show floor pavilions and specialty sections, five Learning Theaters and three "Ask the Expert" stations.
This year marks the world debut of the PLASTIC Print Pavilion "Where Print and Plastic Applications Unite." PLASTIC Print features live demonstrations of 3-D printing to demonstrate how the exciting "new" worlds of Package Printing, Commercial Printing and Industrial Manufacturing converge. The PLASTIC Print Pavilion is sponsored by The Society for the Plastics Industry (SPI), producer of the large NPE show; Graphic Arts Show Company (GASC); and, CPP EXPO.
Headlining as well as the host of popular GRAPH EXPO 14 show floor features are:
- The Inkjet Candy Store will showcase side-by-side the 'cream of the crop' in new wide-format inkjet technologies.
- BIG-The Wide Format Pavilion sponsored by the International Sign Association (ISA), features the hottest output equipment, software, media/substrates, inks, finishing equipment and supplies, plus new applications and solutions.
- Prepress/Software: Workflow and Design enables attendees to see the hottest new software and test-drive the very latest equipment!
- Press/Finishing highlights include cutting-edge innovations in digital, offset, flexo, gravure and hybrid print technologies, plus the complete array of binding and finishing equipment and supplies.
- Deliver-The Mailing and Fulfillment Center, sponsored by the United States Postal Service and AMSP/NAPL/NAQP—still the world's largest mailing show—features all the latest equipment, software and supplies, research, market data, best practices and solutions for bridging print with marketing.
- The In-Plant Place, sponsored by the In-Plant Management Association (IPMA), is a dedicated networking hub exclusively for in-plant pros from every industry segment—government, corporate and education—to come meet, unwind, learn and share.
- The Printerverse, sponsored by the PrintMediaCentr, is a highly interactive "home base" to meet, tweet, learn, share, interact and explore the latest innovations and applications that are driving our industry forward in exciting new directions.
- The Marketing Pavilion is a "how to" hub sponsored by the Chicago AMA offering marketing education, resources, and networking and featuring all the latest marketing and graphic communication tools and technologies.
- Photo IMPACT Pavilion is sponsored by Photo Imaging News and is packed with the top manufacturers and suppliers of services for: photo, photo book, wide-format and all-sized imaging, creation, finishing related equipment, products, software and substrates.
- Future Print sponsored by FlexTech Alliance allows attendees to discover the hottest new and emerging print technologies, featuring RFID, printed electronics and 3-D printing.
- News Print—The Newspaper Pavilion is a dual marketplace and networking hub for newspaper production pros and increasingly commercial printers. Sponsored by News & Tech, it features unique new applications and workflow solutions designed to help cut costs, boost profits and make informed buying decisions.
- GREENspace is a one-stop show floor section sponsored by Graphic Design USA and Two Sides North America and devoted to eco-friendly products, services and education focused on sustainability.
- Education Main Street features representatives from colleges, universities and educational organizations to provide information on curriculum offerings, scholarships and talented, skilled students seeking internships!
Specialized "Ask the Expert" stations are located inside Photo IMPACT—The Photo Imaging Pavilion, at Deliver with its "Ask the Mailing Expert," and the "Ask the 3D Expert" station at PLASTIC Print, to offer attendees individualized answers to their specific questions. Additionally, four show floor Learning Theaters will offer quick-take 'hot topic' sessions designed to deliver immediate take-away information: The (International Sign Association) ISA Wide Format Innovation Theater (Booth 4067); The Deliver ROI Theater (Booth 1867); Future Print's "Experiential Lab" (Booth 4648); and, The Printerverse Theater (Booth 4267).
Beyond the Seminars Program:
Five free special industry presentations will be held during GRAPH EXPO 14 beginning today with: "Packaging Innovation through Graphic Technologies" presented by Cal Poly GrCI and Packaging World Market Research Project; "Deciphering Digital," a panel discussion presented by NPES; and, "Selling in a Connecting Age," presented by Canvas Magazine and Mohawk. Tuesday's sessions will be: "Optimizing Customer Communications Workflows: Addressing Market Shifts and Evolving Client Requirements" presented by XPLOR INTERNATIONAL; and, the "In-Plant—Lunch and Learn" presented by IPMA.
Additionally, four free exhibitor presentations will be offered during GRAPH EXPO 14. Sunday's session was: "Time to Get Your Cape-How to be Your Customer's Superhero," with Tawnya Starr, PrinterPresence by Firespring. Tuesday's free session will explore: "Profit with LED UV in Sheetfed Offset Printing," presented by Steve Metcalf, Air Motion Systems.
In addition, a free International Program offering education and networking opportunities includes "Latin America Day" on Tuesday, Sept. 30, from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., featuring a special presentation from the newly released PRMIR study, "Packaging in Emerging Markets: Latin America and Asia-Pacific," which will focus on the Latin American market.
Show goers have single-pass entry to GRAPH EXPO 14 and also co-located CPP EXPO, where they will gain unprecedented access to the world of package printing and converting at this year's most innovative converting and package printing tradeshow.
About GRAPH EXPO 14
Recognized as the most innovative and comprehensive exhibition in the Americas of inkjet, digital, offset, flexo, gravure and hybrid technologies, products and services for the commercial, transactional, converting and package printing, publishing, mailing, in-plant, photo imaging, marketing and industrial printing industries, this year's "Integrate" themed GRAPH EXPO 14 offers an exciting show-going experience for a diverse spectrum of attendees. The industry event presents the latest graphic communications technologies in live equipment demonstrations across the exhibition floor, plus education on the most in-demand products and newest profit-making opportunities. GRAPH EXPO 14 offers more than 70 interactive learning sessions and 50+ co-located events for attendees across 12 key market segments.
About Graphic Arts Show Company (GASC)
GRAPH EXPO 14 is produced by the Graphic Arts Show Company (GASC). GASC is owned by the National Association for Printing Leadership (NAPL), NPES The Association for Suppliers of Printing, Publishing and Converting Technologies (NPES) and the Printing Industries of America.
About CPP EXPO
CPP EXPO is produced and managed by H.A. Bruno, with its U.S. headquarters in Paramus, NJ. H.A. Bruno has extensive experience in producing and managing trade shows and conferences that create results-oriented markets for buyers and sellers in the following industries: converting and packaging materials, information technology and franchise business. For decades, the company has provided its clients with a most professional, customer focused staff that is highly regarded in the trade show business for its industry knowledge, its record of client service, and its responsive management team that has produced world-class events.