Fire Damages Newspaper’s Press
Facebook Facebook Twitter Twitter LinkedIn LinkedIn Email Email 0 Comments Comments
BRIDGEPORT, CT—A fire struck the Connecticut Post’s printing plant last Saturday, sending three workers to the hospital and damaging a press. According to a local fire department official, the fire broke out in the folder and conveyor areas. It was believed to have started when a spark ignited some paper fibers.
One press operator was treated for smoke inhalation and two others went to the hospital on their own, the paper reported. It took firefighters 20 minutes to extinguish the blaze.