Celebrate Earth Day and Arbor Day with America’s Papermakers
In celebration of Earth Day (today) and Arbor Day (April 30), the makers of paper and packaging have created a toolkit that captures the industry’s strong environmental sustainability story. From planting more trees at double the rate they get used to ensuring no part of the tree goes to waste, the industry’s toolkit covers the history of Earth Day, the connection between sustainable forestry and a thriving wildlife, and a paper recycling guide. To spread sustainability messaging among younger consumers, P+PB also launched a TikTok channel featuring influencer generated videos and original content with the industry’s favorite ambassadors, Casey and Page. All this content is available for amplification to spread awareness of key sustainable forestry and recycling tips in a fun and trendy way.
Key sustainability messages include:
- 96% of consumers have access to some form of paper recycling.
- On average, 93% of corrugated containers are recovered for recycling every year, and 68.2% of paper and paperboard are recycled making paper and boxes one of the most recycled materials in the U.S.
- The paper industry plants about 2x as many trees as it uses each year, resulting in 20% more trees than there were 50 years ago.
- Shipping boxes can be recycled 5 to 7 times.
- Paper makers are expected to invest $4.1 billion in manufacturing over the next two years to recover paper fibers.
Now, that’s something worth celebrating!
The preceding press release was provided by a company unaffiliated with Printing Impressions. The views expressed within do not directly reflect the thoughts or opinions of the staff of Printing Impressions.