Winners of HP Indigo Digital Printing Contest Announced
BIRMINGHAM, UK—May 20, 2010—A postcard printed on recycled paper made from seeds, a marketing catalog featuring hundreds of unique machetes and a stunning photo book with images from African ceremonies in Chile were among the winners of the HP Indigo Digital Printing Contest.
The contest, which attracted 450 entries from customers in 37 countries around the world, recognizes excellence and innovation in digital printing. A judging panel of third-party industry experts selected winners in six categories: marketing collateral; publications; direct marketing and transpromotional printing; photo specialty; environmental impact; and special processes.
HP unveiled the winning entries in conjunction with Ipex 2010, a global technology trade event for print, publishing and media. HP is showcasing the top contestants at its Ipex stand in Hall 12 of the National Exhibition Centre and recognized the contest winners at a gala dinner last night.
“The HP Indigo Digital Printing Contest was a refreshing validation that creativity, innovation and technical excellence continues to be demonstrated by progressive companies serving graphic communications markets around the world,” said Bill Garno, one of the contest’s judges and director of the Printing Applications Laboratory at Rochester Institute of Technology. “The diversity of applications which take advantage of the opportunities provided by HP Indigo digital printing was abundantly evident and impressed the judges with beautiful design, effective marketing approaches and the highest print quality.”
The category winners are:
• Marketing collateral: Model Offset Printing Corp of Puerto Rico for Fideicomiso de Conservacion de PR
• Publications: RE Producciones S.A. of Chile for African Ceremonies
• Direct marketing and transpromotional: Millenium Ayalon Ltd of Israel for Data Pro Proximity
• Photo-specialty: VDP Direct of the U.S.A. for Masterson Creative
• Environmental impact: Group Momentum of Australia for Curtis Jones & Brown
• Special processes: Picpress of Australia for Clive’s Photography
“Entries for our second HP Indigo digital printing contest reflected the superb image quality that our customers are achieving across the world,” said Alon Bar-Shany, vice president and general manager, Indigo division, HP. “The diversity and quality of this year’s contestants and winners underscore the top-caliber results now possible with digital presses, especially for the high-value color pages that represent the highest growth area for our customers.”
Second and third place winners were also awarded for:
• 2nd Place: Cerovski of Croatia for Vecernji List
• 3rd Place: Kall Kwik Edinburgh of Scotland for Kall Kwik Edinburgh
• 2nd Place: Imprenta Mariscal Cia. Ltda. of Equador for Old Continent
• 3rd Place: Donnebaum S.A. of Chile for Donnebaum S.A.
Direct marketing and transpromotional:
• 2nd Place: Agan Industries of Israel for Segmarketing
• 3rd Place: Group Momentum of Australia for Publicis Zip
• 2nd Place: Momento Pro Pty Ltd. of Australia for Momento Pro Pty Ltd.
• 3rd Place: A&I Books of USA for John Fitzpatrick Photography
• 2nd Place: ICONES of France for LMY et R
• 3rd Place: Grafica Bandeirantes Solucoes of Brazil for Eskalab
• 2nd Place: Hirt and Carter of South Africa for Owenkessel Communication (Pty) LTD
• 3rd Place: Consorcio Enotria S.A. – Thomas Greg & Sons of Peru for Enotria S.A.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com.