FedEx Office, Canon and HP Collaborate to Redefine Retail PrintingApril 13, 2010
• Leading technology – The new devices that will be deployed include Canon’s imageRUNNER ADVANCE multifunction products (MFP) and imagePRESS digital press systems, representing Canon’s two largest investments in imaging device development over the past 10 years. In addition, HP is delivering market-changing innovations in the form of online and cloud printing applications, which will give FedEx Office a competitive advantage and pave the way for stronger revenue streams and next-generation technology solutions.
• Consistency – The devices will be the same across most locations, creating a uniform customer experience with extraordinary printing quality and reliable equipment operation. Specifically, advanced software tools from Canon will enable FedEx Office employees to monitor the installed device fleet to ensure optimum working status and reduce potential down-time delays.
• Capacity – The enhancements will provide greater capacity and improved speed across the network, giving customers better turnaround times and 24-7 access.
• Efficiency – The equipment, spanning an array of functionality (color, large format, multi-function) is fast and energy-efficient, saving valuable time and resources. Designated ENERGY STAR models offer a range of energy-conscious features to minimize environmental impacts while delivering extraordinary reliability.
• Usability – The devices in the self-serve area of FedEx Office locations will have more user-friendly interfaces, and offer a consistent user experience regardless of store location. Furnished with award-winning Canon MFPs and HP Designjet large format printers, FedEx Office customers will have access to some of the highest-quality, most environmentally-friendly and intelligent devices available.
• Flexibility – FedEx Office will begin implementing creative HP publishing solutions such as Snapfish by HP to offer a superior printing and publishing resource that will broaden its reach to consumers.
In addition, the equipment will empower customers to capitalize on the significant advancements in print technology that allow for remote printing from wherever customers are located, whenever they want to print, using USB drives or smartphones. Advanced technology also paves the way for “cloud printing,” which allows customers to store documents in a virtual space that is accessible from anywhere that a network connection can be established.
Through HP, FedEx Office customers will now be afforded the tools and solutions to help them work more effectively, efficiently and intelligently. HP’s cloud printing applications enable FedEx Office to serve a unique customer need and pave the way for future innovations and applications that will deliver an even more robust customer experience.
In providing its award-winning imageRUNNER ADVANCE MFP and imagePRESS digital press systems, Canon U.S.A. will also bring to the alliance a variety of advanced document imaging solutions, including its imageWARE Enterprise Management Console, which simplifies the management of installed devices, allowing FedEx Office to conduct remote monitoring and configuration of the equipment. Additionally, all Canon devices will be equipped with Canon’s imageWARE Remote service diagnostic software. Through imageWARE Remote, Canon will be able to automate the capture of meter and operational data for the devices. It also will diagnose device error conditions, and remotely update device firmware. Using imageWARE Remote, Canon will provide the highest levels of proactive nationwide service and support to FedEx Office and its customers through its extensive network of authorized service providers, including Canon Business Solutions.
The alliance represents an important step in the evolution of FedEx Office from a corner copy shop to the world’s largest integrated printing network where work is transformed from digital files to Canon and HP quality printed images either in-store or via online tools such as FedEx OfficeSM Print Online. To further strengthen its network, FedEx Office also has recently implemented a new pick-up and delivery service for printing orders, building on the reliability of service for which FedEx is known. In addition, the company is continuing to invest in its infrastructure that connects its centers and closed door production facilities, allowing the company to move work seamlessly around its network.
The agreement also strengthens existing relationships among the three companies. In September 2009, HP and Canon announced an alliance to jointly market and distribute a new range of multifunction office systems.
About FedEx Office
FedEx Office (formerly FedEx Kinko’s) provides access points to printing and shipping expertise with reliable service when and where you need it. The Dallas-based company has a global network of more than 1,900 digitally-connected locations. FedEx Office services include copying and digital printing, professional finishing, document creation, direct mail, signs and graphics, Internet access, computer rental, FedEx Express and FedEx Ground shipping, and more. In addition, the company offers FedEx OfficeSM Print Online, an online printing solution for business and personal printing, at home, at the office or on the go. Products, services and hours vary by location. For more information, please visit www.fedex.com.
About Canon U.S.A., Inc.
Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions. Its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), a top patent holder of technology, ranked fourth overall in the U.S. in 2009†, with global revenues of US $35 billion, is listed as number four in the computer industry on Fortune Magazine's World’s Most Admired Companies 2009 list, and is on the 2009 BusinessWeek list of "100 Best Global Brands." Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest levels of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based consumer service and support for all of the products it distributes. At Canon, we care because caring is essential to living together in harmony. Founded upon a corporate philosophy of Kyosei – "all people, regardless of race, religion or culture, harmoniously living and working together into the future" – Canon U.S.A. supports a number of social, youth, educational and other programs, including environmental and recycling initiatives. Additional information about these programs can be found at www.usa.canon.com/kyosei. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss.
HP creates new possibilities for technology to have a meaningful impact on people, businesses, governments and society. The world’s largest technology company, HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software, services and IT infrastructure to solve customer problems. More information about HP (NYSE: HPQ) is available at http://www.hp.com/.