DIGITAL digestAugust 2010
Business Development Portal Launched by Konica Minolta
LOS ANGELES—"Power Up! Profit" is a new business development program for the production print marketplace that has been launched by Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. Designed for commercial printers and in-plant operations, it provides a range of educational tools—ROI calculators, white papers, videos, Webinars and more—that focus on developing a digital business strategy, launching new digital applications and learning from customer success stories.
Konica Minolta customers can access a dedicated e-learning Web portal featuring a range of business development tools. These include a set of calculators that help users demonstrate the return on investment for digital printing and compare costs associated with digital vs. offset printing.
The ROI calculators offered include:
• Campaign Budget—for estimating ROI based on a client's pre- established campaign budget;
• Revenue Goals—for determining the number of pieces, campaign cost and ROI based on a client's desired revenue goals; and
• Static vs. VDP—to calculate the benefits of personalized, variable data printing campaigns as compared to static pieces.
There are also two production and billing calculators:
• Offset vs. Digital—determines the best way to produce a job by comparing the cost per piece for process alternatives; and
• Billing Calculator—generates a pricing strategy for customized communications campaigns, either at the proposal or invoicing stages.
The Webinar series will address industry trends, new technology and digital printing applications, with independent perspectives from InfoTrends analysts and real-world examples provided by Konica Minolta customers. Upcoming topics include "Customized Communications," "Web-to-Print" and "The Right Marketing Plan."
Users can also access the InfoTrends' "Ultimate Guides" (free access is available through the PIworld.com home page, as well). These interactive tools for comparing hardware and software solutions provide third-party evaluations of solutions for multi-channel communications, variable data printing, Web-to-print and transpromo printing.
Enfocus Helps Fill Gap in Lack of Printing Expertise
MIAMISBURG, OH—More than two decades since desktop publishing revolutionized print production, service providers often still struggle with getting print-ready files from customers. Now, the increased emphasis on digital media/formats threatens to exacerbate the problem as the creative community focuses less on printing and design applications try to do it all. Enfocus recently has released two products intended to make it easier for print customers to create files that meet production requirements.