Print & Media Conference Draws Acclaim from Attendees
CHESTNUT HILL, MA—Dec. 2, 2010—A cold New England drizzle didn’t dampen the spirits of attendees at Margie Dana’s 5th Annual Print & Media Conference in November. More than 115 print buyers, marketers and graphic designers from 21 states came together at the Westford Regency Inn & Conference Center last month for two days of education and inspiration about the future of print in the digital age.
Joining attendees from California, Texas, Illinois, Florida and other places were speakers that included some of the 21st century’s most respected experts in print, print buying, publishing, graphic design, marketing, and digital media, such as:
• Award-winning graphic designer, creative director, production manager and print buyer Daniel Dejan
• 2010 Publishing Executive Hall of Fame honorary inductee and Precision Media Group President Bob Sacks (aka BoSacks)
• Print and graphic arts industry consultant, forecaster and WhatTheyThink.com research director Dr. Joe Webb
• RIT Professor Emeritus and “Dean of Printing” Frank Romano
• “Paper Guru” and consultant Jack Miller
• Digital media creative strategist Andrew Davis
• King Fish Media President and Founder Cameron Brown
• Legal Sea Foods Director of Marketing Strategy Ida Faber
They confronted the challenge of connecting print with digital media (access some of the presentations here), and left both attendees and sponsors with innovative ideas for creating and using print.
“I’m getting ready to share my information from your conference with the other print buyers in my department,” related Debbie Sahd of Group Publishing. “There’s so much!!! Thank you for putting together such a high-quality, content rich, relevant event. It changed the way I look at my career and how I will continue to educate myself.”
Larry Williams of Lithographics Inc. lauded the quality of the Conference and its speakers, saying, “… Being someone who sells printing, I walked away with so many ideas and still feel like I am on an ‘idea high’ a week after… You can count on me for next year’s conference and I am confident that I will walk away with another notebook full of ideas. Thank you for your ongoing leadership.”
MJ Medas of the Massachusetts Medical Society and New England Journal of Medicine praised the value of the Conference and the presentations, saying, “…the information provided and the speakers were FABULOUS! I came back to work raving about it all to my staff and director.”.
Host Margie Dana, who led Boot Camps for Print Designers and Print Reps with RIT Professor Emeritus Frank Romano on Tuesday, November 2nd, observed that the enthusiasm of the attendees exceeded her expectations. “Every year we try to address the most pressing issues and find the best speakers for our Conference, and I think we produced another great show this year,” Dana said. “Feedback has been terrific. We thank everyone involved!”