Presstek 34DI Provides Dynamic Results for Print Start-up Diguru
In making the DI purchase decision, Harwood was particularly impressed with the compelling combination of waterless printing technology, chemistry-free platemaking and substantially reduced waste. The 34DI images chemistry-free plates on the press eliminating the need for off line platemaking. This reduces VOC emissions as well as the need for acquisition, management, storage and disposal of noxious chemicals.
Harwood found other benefits to the 34DI as well, including:
• Set up with just a few sheets, 25 as compared to 250 on a litho press, or 90 percent less, reducing paper costs significantly. Harwood points out that paper costs represent 22 percent of any print project.
• Waterless printing process that eliminates the need to constantly manage ink/water balance and enables the press to come up to colour faster and maintain better consistency throughout the run.
• 300 lpi quality or FM screening as well as lower dot gain.
• Ink densities an average of 20% higher than conventional printing.
• High level of automation which makes the press easy to use.
Diguru’s design agency customers appreciate the extensive choice of substrate options, from onion skin to heavy card stock, 0.06mm to 0.5mm, and the press’s compatibility with standard recycled paper stocks, that provide an array of creative possibilities. Diguru is using its Presstek 34DI to produce everything from high quality business cards to corporate brochures producing both four-colour process and spot colour work. Harwood says, “We have been asked to do more and more spot colour work, especially for letterheads. Customers are very impressed with what the DI can do in this regard.”
Diguru also operates a Xerox 700 digital colour press and an HP DesignJet L25500 wide format Latex inkjet printer. Its varied customer based includes P&O, NHS, Barratt Homes, design agencies and local authorities. There are seven employees. “We have a young, creative and dedicated team that is very focused on ways we can help add value for our clients,” adds Harwood.