How-to for "ghost" busters
An optimal balance between ink and dampening solution helps prevent ghosting, since too much water negatively influences printing outcomes. To avoid ghosting, use the following remedies:
• When maintaining rollers, only use the appropriate cleansing agents. A weekly application of wash paste removes lime deposits and will regenerate the rollers.
• Adjust the rollers in accordance with the instruction manual. Inspect the adjustment regularly.
• Change used rollers: the rubber surface of older rollers will become glossy and over-smooth. At the same time, as their hardness increases, the edges bulge out in a trumpet shape. More pronounced abrasion becomes evident.
• Adjust for maximum lateral reciprocation.
• Adjust reciprocation of the ink form rollers.
• Shift the engaging point of the lateral reciprocation.
• Reduce the quantity of dampening solution being used.
• Employ high-pigment inks.