MGI to Unveil New JETvarnish 3D Digital Spot UV coater at drupaApril 24, 2012
With the introduction of the JETvarnish 3D, graphic arts professionals no longer have to choose between production spot UV coating speeds or enhanced UV coating thicknesses, as the new JETvarnish 3D handles both with ease.
The new JETvarnish 3D pushes the limits of traditional spot UV coating with a new 3D effect that varies in thickness depending on application requirements, providing a unique advantage to finished documents not only in appearance but by its unique and tactile feel.
With a dramatic increase in speed of up to 3,000 sheets per hour (52x105 cm/20x42˝), the JETvarnish 3D can spot UV coat up to three times faster than the original JETvarnish, complementing both offset and digital presses and allowing commercial printers to increase their productivity while improving their margins and differentiating themselves from their peers.
The JETvarnish 3D handles formats ranging from A3/11.69x16.54˝ to 52x105 cm/20x42˝ and weights ranging from 135 to 500 g/m² and is completely variable data capable, paving the way for personalized UV coating applications.
An ideal differentiator in a challenging economy, the JETvarnish 3D brings game changing advantages to the commercial print industry including:
- Both spot and flood UV coating capabilities
- Embossed 3D spot UV coating with varying thicknesses
- Produce runs ranging from a single print to thousands
- Very little make ready with the absence of plates, screens and cleaning between jobs
- Increase in profit margin
- With a green design, the ozone and solvent-free JETvarnish 3D respects the environment with a drastic reduction of raw materials, waste, and consumables traditionally associated with spot UV coating production.
With commercial availability in fall 2012, the JETvarnish 3D will be in production at MGI’s drupa stand located in hall 4, booth B24.
The JETvarnish 3D joins the previously announced Alphajet B2 sheetfed inkjet press in MGI’s slate of drupa premieres. With speeds up to 3,000 52x74 cm/20x29˝ sheets per hour, the Alphajet utilizes MGI’s award-winning inkjet technology to print in up to six UV colors in 1,200x1,200 dpi and offers inline spot or flood UV coating on substrates up to 500 gsm.