MGI to Premiere Innovative Digital Printing and Finishing Solutions #IpexApril 8, 2010
* Laser-safe prints, ideal for letterhead, envelopes and other applications previously only produced via offset
* No click charge and an economical total cost of operation
* Fogra® certification (ISO 12647-7) for color contract proof creation
* High level print quality and registration (offset comparable)
JETvarnish – new capabilities for 2010
MGI’s award-winning JETvarnish digital inkjet spot UV coater features several new developments for 2010:
* New left and right guides allow for alignment to offset gripper marks on either side of the sheet, resulting in the most precise registration
* Expanded sheet sizes up to 52 x 105 cm / 20” x 40”, ideal for extended size applications such as book covers, gang runs, presentation folders, packaging, signage and many others
* Option to add a 2nd print line to be used with either a single ink color (perfect for bar codes and other Variable Data Printing applications) or a 2nd varnish formula
The JETvarnish is ideally suited for a host of applications, including book covers, posters, brochures, personalized direct mail, premium packaging, proofing/prototyping, corporate materials and many others, at a cost per page drastically less than offset or silk screen for shorter runs.
JETcard digital inkjet card printing system
Utilizing MGI’s patented inkjet technology, the JETcard accommodates CR-80 format blanks and prints in four colors at the highest dpi available for an inkjet system, at expected speeds of up to 8,000 cards per hour. Drop-on-demand inkjet technology enables variable data printing of text, barcodes, auto-numbering and photos (among others), simultaneous UV coating, and in-line data encoding and verification. This approach allows card manufacturers to bypass finishing processes and allows for faster and more efficient delivery of finished cards.
With the JETcard, MGI builds upon 30 years of proven experience in the plastic card manufacturing industry to present an all-inclusive inkjet card printing solution that maximizes productivity for higher volumes, but is also cost-effective for shorter runs of both secure and non-secure card applications.
MGI will be holding a press conference at IPEX on Wednesday, May 19th, 2010 from 12:30-13:30 (12:30 to 1:30 PM) in the Gallery Suite 2 to provide the latest information on new products and updates on the MGI’s global digital printing and finishing portfolio. A buffet and refreshments will be offered afterwards.
For more information, please visit www.mgiusa.com
About MGI Digital Graphic Technology
Founded in 1982, MGI Digital Graphic Technology designs, manufactures and markets a full and innovative range of award-winning multi-substrate (paper and plastic) 4-color digital presses, as well as a complete line of versatile finishing solutions.
A key player in the global market, MGI has a portfolio comprised of several thousand customers in a wide range of sectors, including graphic industry professionals, Fortune 1000 companies, government agencies, plastic card manufacturers, silk screeners and photo labs.
MGI is a leader in the professional graphic equipment market and is registered on the Euronext Paris Alternext stock exchange (ALMDG). They received the prestigious OSEO ANVAR “Innovative Company” Label in 2006 & 2009 in recognition of their expertise and innovation in the graphics & finishing industry, and have won seven separate awards in 2008-2009 in recognition of technological innovation.