MGI Boosts Productivity with New Meteor DP8700 Xl Multi-Substrate Digital PressJune 6, 2011
The Meteor DP8700 XL is the latest member of the Meteor family of four-color multi-substrate digital presses, with worldwide installations at customers within key markets such as commercial printing, in-plants, plastic card manufacturers, book printers, photo printers, governments and many others.
While it incorporates the key features that make the Meteor series the most versatile in the industry, including true multi-substrate versatility for paper, plastics and envelopes, laser-safe prints, offset comparable output and no click charge, the Meteor DP8700 XL also includes new features designed to maximize production and optimize ease of operation, including:
• Largest sheet size among production sheetfed digital presses (up to 13 x 40" in production, up to 13 x 47" via manual bypass).
• Increased production speed for up to 4,260 A4/letter pages per hour and up to 2,280 A3 pages per hour.
• Superior output quality at 3600 dpi (8 bit printing) and more than 20 line screen variations ranging from 95 to 270 lpi, in both regular and stochastic modes. Users also have the option to choose up to 2 different line screens within the same print job.
• New auto-adjusting offset feeder table, which eliminates skew and keeps registration consistent at an industry-leading ±0.2mm (L-R).
• New high definition, silicone-free dry toners (CMYK) with a smaller particle size and formulated using renewable and organic components. Each cartridge also has a higher capacity than previous generations of Meteor digital presses and can be changed “on-the-fly” without interrupting production.
• Expanded image area, with a width of 321 mm/12.6" and up to 1011 mm/39.8" in length when utilizing Super Format printing in production.
• The EnvelopExpress Pro, featuring an updated design for the Meteor DP8700 XL, increases production capabilities and improves job efficiency.
• Powerful Fiery Pro80 System 9 RIP for maximum processing power and graphics management. Support for VPS & PPML 2.2, as well as Adobe PostScript Level 3, TIFF and PDF, JDF compliance, plus Command WorkStation 5 and job queue management, including hot folders.
• Monthly duty cycle of 600,000 A4/letter pages.
For more information, please visit MGI on the web at www.mgiusa.com.
About MGI Digital Graphic Technology
Founded in 1982, MGI Digital Graphic Technology designs, manufactures and markets a full and innovative range of award-winning multi-substrate (paper and plastic) four-color digital presses, as well as a complete line of versatile finishing solutions.
A key player in the global market, MGI has a portfolio comprised of several thousand customers in a wide range of sectors, including graphic industry professionals, Fortune 1000 companies, government agencies, plastic card manufacturers, silk screeners and photo labs.
MGI is a leader in the professional graphic equipment market and is registered on the Euronext Paris Alternext stock exchange (ALMDG). They received the prestigious OSEO “Innovative Company” and “OSEO Excellence” labels respectively in 2009 and 2011 in recognition of their expertise and innovation in the graphics & finishing industry. In addition, MGI has won nine international product awards from 2008-2010 related to technological innovation, including the 2010 Siemens Innovation Grand Prix award for the JETcard.
MGI USA, based in Melbourne, FL, is MGI’s fully owned subsidiary that services the North and South American, Caribbean and Asia Pacific markets. For more information, please visit www.mgiusa.com.