Fujifilm Expands Advance Select Series with Higher-speed Press
VALHALLA, NY—July 9, 2013—Adding to its versatile line up of Acuity Advance Select Series printers, Fujifilm North America Corp., Graphic Systems Div. is pleased to announce the latest addition—the Acuity Advance Select HS wide-format UV printer. The new Acuity Advance Select HS builds on all the advantages of the recently announced Acuity Advance Select, featuring the same ultra-high print quality and application versatility, but with the additional benefit of being able to run at higher speeds, up to a maximum 535 ft2/hr in Production Squared mode.
One of the key developments incorporated into the new Acuity Advance Select HS-6 and HS-6 X2 models is the inclusion of six independent ink channels. For printers that focus on retail signage or other standard graphics applications requiring the highest throughput, channels five and six can be configured to enhance print speed by adding extra cyan and magenta nozzle capacity. This innovation results in production prints with uniformity and smoothness comparable to those produced in quality mode. Users can take advantage of this improved print quality to realize higher net productivity, since more demanding print jobs can now be printed in faster print modes.
The Acuity Advance Select HS-6 printers can alternatively be configured with white and clear ink channels. These can be used in a number of ways:
Clear + White
The addition of white and clear ink channels allows print service providers to print on a range of non-white substrates and add a spot or flood coat ‘varnish’ effect in a single operation all on one printer. This extends the application versatility of the Acuity Advance Select HS machine and improves the efficiency with which these types of added-value effects can be achieved.
White + White
Alternatively, the Acuity Advance Select HS can be used with two white ink channels to improve the density of white in a single pass, which can be particularly useful for demanding backlit applications.
The Acuity Advance Select HS printer incorporates other features designed to achieve maximum productivity while retaining quality and application flexibility. These include:
- Active pixel placement compensation for optimum image sharpness, density and uniformity over the entire print area.
- Precise vacuum system, configured to match the majority of standard-sized graphic arts media. There are six vacuum zones on the Acuity Advance Select HS models and seven on the Acuity Advance Select HS X2 models. These zones are designed to reduce or eliminate manual masking, thereby decreasing operator intervention and increasing productivity.
- Batch mode operation for streamlined, unattended production of complex, many-layered print jobs that require multiple prints on a single piece of media to achieve a specialized result. Batch mode can also be used to produce collated sets of prints (e.g. 50 sets of 24×36˝ backlit acrylic, 36×48˝ poster, 80×15′ banner, etc.) for easy fulfilment.
As with other Acuity Advance models, the Select HS has an optional roll media kit for printing onto any number of flexible materials. This simple-to-use option is incredibly versatile, allowing an operator to prepare rigid material on the flat bed while the roll media option is printing.
The performance of Acuity Advance Select HS printers is optimized by Fujifilm’s uniquely formulated Uvijet inks. These incorporate the company’s proprietary Micro-V dispersion technology that consistently delivers wide adhesion, superb color vibrancy and excellent durability in every print.
Four HS models are available:
- Acuity Advance Select HS-4: Four ink channels (CMYK), standard table size (4’x8’ bed)
- Acuity Advance Select HS-4 X2: Four ink channels (CMYK), extra-large table size (8’x10’ bed)
- Acuity Advance Select HS-6: Six ink channels (CMYK + WW or Wcl or CM), multiple print configurations, standard table size (4’x8’ bed)
- Acuity Advance Select HS-6 X2: Six ink channels (CMYK + WW or Wcl or CM), multiple print configurations, extra-large table size (8’x10’ bed)
The introduction of the Acuity Advance Select HS perfectly complements the other models in the Acuity Advance Select range, as well as Fujifilm’s recently launched Acuity LED 1600 LED UV printer. These platforms represent one of the stongest line-ups of versatile, high performance inkjet printers on the market, with a clear migration path for printers looking to upgrade in the future.
Fujifilm North America, a marketing subsidiary of Fujifilm Holdings America consists of four operating divisions and one subsidiary company. The Imaging Division provides consumer and commercial photographic products and services, including: photographic paper; digital printing equipment, along with service and support; personalized photo products; film; and one-time-use cameras; and also markets motion picture archival film and on-set color management solutions to the motion picture, broadcast and production industries. The Electronic Imaging Division markets consumer digital cameras, and the Graphic Systems Div. supplies products and services to the graphic printing industry. The Optical Devices Division provides optical lenses for the broadcast, cinematography, closed circuit television, videography and industrial markets, and also markets binoculars. Fujifilm Canada sells and markets a range of Fujifilm products and services in Canada.
FUJIFILM Holdings Corp., Tokyo, Japan, brings continuous innovation and leading-edge products to a broad spectrum of industries, including electronic imaging, digital printing equipment, medical systems, life sciences, graphic arts, flat panel display materials, and office products, based on a vast portfolio of digital, optical, fine chemical and thin film coating technologies. The company was among the top 10 companies around the world granted U.S. patents in 2012, and in the year ended March 31, 2013, had global revenues of $26.7 billion*. Fujifilm is committed to environmental stewardship and good corporate citizenship.
* At an exchange rate of 83 yen to the dollar.