Disney Digital Books Offers Over 500 Books Online in ‘Flip-Book’ FormatSeptember 30, 2009
“Disney Digital Books is an industry-defining service that Disney Publishing is uniquely qualified to deliver,” said Russell Hampton, President, Disney Publishing Worldwide. “As one of the world’s largest publishers of children’s books, we have an extensive library of titles featuring Disney’s beloved characters, with something for every level of reader.”
Disney Digital Books Highlights
Disney Digital Books is a fully interactive online experience featuring:
• More than 500 books at launch, offering children of all ages, reading levels, and interests a broad selection of books
• Look and Listen titles that allow children to hear the story read aloud
• A Story-Builder feature so kids can create and share their own memorable stories
• A “My Place” area that children can personalize
• An age-appropriate dictionary that lets children click on any word to hear it read aloud, select unfamiliar words, and read simple definitions
• Reading certificates to encourage budding readers
With hundreds of books available at the click of a mouse, children will find favorites from popular Disney franchises such as Mickey Mouse, Toy Story, Disney Princess, Cars, and Hannah Montana, along with many other classic Disney stories. New books and features, including some exclusive to Disney Digital Books subscribers, will be added on an ongoing basis.
Books for Every Level Reader
Disney Digital Books aggregates books into three separate reading levels:
• Level One for beginning readers and shared reading with parents and other care-givers;
• Level Two for children who are ready to read independently,
• Level Three for children ready for chapter books.
Disney Digital Books is available for an annual subscription of $79.95, or a monthly subscription of $8.95. Each subscription covers up to three children in the same household. Gift subscriptions are available online and at select retailers. The browser-based service is PC and Mac compatible and does not require a download. A free trial of the service is accessible September 29, at www.disneydigitalbooks.com.
About Disney Publishing Worldwide
Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) is the world's largest publisher of children's books and magazines, with over 250 million children’s books and over 400 million children's magazines sold each year. DPW's business units include Global Children's Magazines, Disney Family Fun Group, Disney English, and Disney Global Book Group. Disney Global Books and Global Magazines encompass a tremendous worldwide licensing structure; Disney Book Group consists of vertically integrated publishing imprints in the U.S. which include Disney Editions, Disney-Hyperion, Disney-Jump at the Sun and Disney Press. In addition, Disney Libri, DPW's Italian vertical operation, publishes books for children of all ages. DPW's Disney FamilyFun Group publishes Disney FamilyFun and Disney en Familia. Headquartered in White Plains, NY, Disney Publishing Worldwide publishes books and magazines in 85 languages in 75 countries.