Family Folder's management shown, from the left, with their binder on the Standard Horizon booth at PRINT 09 are Jimmy Yeo, Bong Yeo and Kyung Yeo.
Pictured is Crown Embossing's Rassi with his company's new Stahlfolder USA B20 folder.
Perfect Binding System Enables Very Short Runs
NORCROSS, GA—Family Folder recently added a Standard Horizon CABS 4000 perfect binding system to its full-service bindery. The nine-clamp automated binding and three-knife trimming system allows fast makereadies. "The very high level of automation for quick changeovers and short-run efficiency makes us very competitive in this marketplace," says Bong Yeo, president of the commercial book and bindery services company. "The ability to produce books from cutsheet book blocks, as well as signatures, also gives us application flexibility."
The sale was completed by Standard dealer Paper Handling Solutions, of Marietta, GA.
Finisher Welcomes New Folding, Foil Stamping Gear
HOUSTON—Crown Embossing has purchased a 20˝ Heidelberg Stahlfolder USA B20 continuous-feed folder with right-angle attachment and attachments for scoring, perfing and slitting. It also acquired a refurbished Heidelberg SBDZ cylinder press that's configured for foil stamping and embossing.
According to Edmond Rassi, president of Crown Embossing, the installations were undertaken in response to customer demand for services not widely available locally, primarily 40˝ foil stamping and embossing.
"In fact, a number of our competitors have already sent us jobs they aren't equipped to handle," he says.
VITS and I-Web Enter into Exclusive Sales Agreement
AVON, MA—VITS Technology GmbH and Integrated Web Finishing Systems (I-Web), based here, have entered into a multiyear agreement in which VITS will provide sales, distribution and marketing for I-Web products worldwide.
VITS designs and manufactures web offset sheeters, in-line finishing systems and offset dryers for the printing industry. VITS-America is based in Blauvelt, NY. I-Web, formerly called JetWeb USA, is a supplier of in-line and off-line finishing equipment and systems.
According to the manufacturer, I-Web equipment has been completely re-engineered, but continues to utilize state-of-the-art servo technology. I-Web's newly expanded facilities in Avon, MA, house all engineering, manufacturing, spare parts and technical services for its products.
• LPI (Letterhead Press Inc.), New Berlin, WI, recently celebrated 25 years of service to the graphic arts industry. LPI specializes in fine embossing, foil stamping, holograms, diecutting and a range of bindery services and POP displays.
• The Gaston Gazette, in Gastonia, NC, is the latest recipient of a rebuilt Gammerler KL 507 stacker from GammTech,
• Hopkins Printing, Columbus, OH, has added a Digifold scoring and folding machine within its digital department. The unit replaces an older scoring machine, and runs at five times the speed.
• To help with its transition to in-house manufacturing, M13 Graphics, Schaumburg, IL, installed a pair of Polar 115 XT guillotine cutters with lifts, jogger and scales, and networked them via Heidelberg Compucut software.
• The full-service bindery of Litho Press, San Antonio, now houses high-speed Polar 115XT and Polar 92X paper cutters equipped with a jogger, scale, lift and Transomat offloader.
• Stacking small-format, difficult-to handle products in its in-line finishing operation was a slow process for Quad/Graphics' West Allis, WI, facility. Its solution was installing two Rima-System RS-36 indexing compensating stackers.
• Adding a Standard Horizon StitchLiner 5500 saddlestitching system with in-line, three-knife trimmer, and a Standard Horizon AFC-564A floor-model folder, is yielding increased postpress efficiencies for Houston-based Printing X-Press.
• In Des Moines, IA, The Printer Inc. has purchased its third Osako saddlestitcher from Best Graphics. The Alpha Series Estar stitcher is configured with four rotary feeders, cover feeder and a rail extension for in-line ink-jetting.
Do You Have Bindery-Related News to Report?
We Want to Hear About It!
Fax to: (215) 238-5484
Or e-mail: email@example.com