Art of the Deal: The Path to Completion
Sponsored by: Consolidated Graphics Joe Davis, Chairman & CEO, Consolidated Graphics and Jim Cohen, Executive Vice President, Mergers & Acquisitions, Consolidated Graphics
Joe Davis, Chairman & CEO, Consolidated Graphics and Jim Cohen, Executive Vice President, Mergers & Acquisitions, Consolidated Graphics
Many family-owned printers reach a crossroads when it's clear there is no succession plan. The decision to sell is not taken lightly, and the necessary preparations for consummating a deal should reflect this attitude. Take the correct steps that will protect yourself, your employees, customers and the lifelong investment. Consolidated Graphics executives Joe Davis and Jim Cohen will touch on the many steps down the road to a completed deal, including:
- Do I need to hire a broker/investment banker and who pays their fee if I do?
- Do I sell 100% or take back a note, part equity, etc.?
- PE vs strategic buyer. What does this mean?
- How long does it actually take to sell a business?
- What will selling mean to my employees? Are they at risk?
- What will selling mean to my customers?
- Do I stay on with the company? How long do I have to stay?
- Why do I care how the acquisition is financed?
Sponsored by Consolidated Graphics